After seeing still digging deeper hole, It looks like either Concord Sky getting high ( being next to Cannabis joint for so long, as seen here ) or Concord Sky planning to go higher over 100 floors. Rumour or true time will tell.

Shadowing issues will prevent this from getting taller...

Shadowing issues will prevent this from getting taller...
Concord Sky shadow reaches Allen Garden sidewalk which is located north east of Jarvis and Gerrard st. 10 to 15 more floors not going to effect much being so far away, beside there are more towers coming up between Yonge and Gerrard and Alan Garden same direction of the shadow. That’s why I think Concord Sky will get away with 15 more floors.Remember you read it right here.

Last edited:
Concord Sky shadow reaches Allen Garden sidewalk which is located north east of Jarvis and Gerrard st. 10 to 15 more floors not going to effect much being so far away, beside there are more towers coming up between Yonge and Gerrard and Alan Garden same direction of the shadow. That’s why I think Concord Sky will get away with 15 more floors.Remember you read it right here.
No thanks. That's not a building many would want to see taller. I would rather see it getting chopped in height.

It's been stuck at this proposed height long since before we knew Cresford was in trouble. Since massing and shadowing where already agreed to with The City to my understanding, why would they want to change things up now? And the shape of the building isn't really conducive to adding more floors to top it up without altering it I don't think.

You'd be surprised at how mush the shadow changes with just a few floors. I have to deal with the cities constantly on these issues, there is some play, but not much with the city. School yards, backyards of homes that possibly won't be there when the development actually gets completed etc. and not downtown (This is in Etobicoke for my project)
The city will refuse any new shadowing on the parks, the new towers springing up also will have to deal with the city to cut heights to not shadow Allan Gardens.

You'd be surprised at how mush the shadow changes with just a few floors. I have to deal with the cities constantly on these issues, there is some play, but not much with the city. School yards, backyards of homes that possibly won't be there when the development actually gets completed etc. and not downtown (This is in Etobicoke for my project)
The city will refuse any new shadowing on the parks, the new towers springing up also will have to deal with the city to cut heights to not shadow Allan Gardens.

In March, as the sun begins to set (5pm 'ish) (relevant for a Yonge Street site and Allan Gardens) - you're looking a ~20degree altitude angle which means 10M in height adds 27M in shadow.

2023-02-17 120633.jpg

In March, as the sun begins to set (5pm 'ish) (relevant for a Yonge Street site and Allan Gardens) - you're looking a ~20degree altitude angle which means 10M in height adds 27M in shadow.

5pm sunsets are so December haha. Sun will set at 6:15pm during the first 1/3 of March, then on March 11th it sets at 7:20pm. We are gaining daylight ;)

5pm sunsets are so December haha. Sun will set at 6:15pm during the first 1/3 of March, then on March 11th it sets at 7:20pm. We are gaining daylight ;)

LOL, i said 'beginning' to set; there is no shadow once the sun has set.

The point is to find the sun in the west as that will project on to Allan Gardens.

Back