I wouldn’t put so much faith in aA. Let alone aA x Concord.
Normally I'd agree, but Concord is surprisingly delivering well at Canada House, so I'm gonna give them an inch here. I know Canada House is their golden child, but this is their adopted golden child, and they may treat it as their "new" signature project (wishfully thinking at least)

odd, but it happens. I wonder if they have some NOAC Conditions holding them up and they are getting frustrated. Who knows.

I've seen it happen before too; but rarely at this stage, they're paying for those cranes; and they didn't even have 'issuance pending'. This is going to add to project costs.

The cranes only arrived on site mid-March, about a month ago. They certainly weren't going to reach grade in 3-4 weeks! LOL It is a bit of a slow start, I would have thought they would have finished the bottom level by now.

Ok...this is weird. Most of this site's permit apps seem to have vanished, I can only find them under 363 and not one shows as 'issued'. I have to imagine that's a clerical error........
Lots foundation work to go, and probably some back fill dirt before getting some floors in, probably won't be out of the pit and above grade for 6+ months.

Lots foundation work to go, and probably some back fill dirt before getting some floors in, probably won't be out of the pit and above grade for 6+ months.

LOL, read on.........the absence of permits will affect the timeline!

I took this two days ago, I didnt realize there was a permit problem here, yeesh!
20230426_135329.jpg
20230426_135303.jpg

A couple of notes here......

1) This site still has no permits in place. You would think having got caught red-handed and having a stop-work order while having cranes up would light a fire under Concord to get this set..........

2) The extra floors Concord is seeking here (and which I would be both surprised and disappointed to see them get)..................

Their lobbyist had a meeting w/Councillor Moise just last week on this issue; No C of A application has yet been filed though.

I mean this project has had a lot of delays. That is, with the original developer going under, the site sitting in limbo as the new developer reset the project and now stymied by work stoppages because the same thinks they can build things without permission. I'm sure the lockdown hadn't helped much with this either...

...it almost seems that this building is never meant to be. Perhaps The City should seize the property and turn into all a big public swimming pool as suggested in a number of pages back here.🙀

Perhaps The City should seize the property and turn into all a big public swimming pool as suggested in a number of pages back here.🙀

Not sure they can 'seize' it lawfully.........

But....a 60ft deep pool that you can scuba in; and a 20M diving board extending off the podium room at Aura....... I'm digging your creativity!

One naturally assumes Concord Adex is a smart, competent and stable company that truly knows what it's doing, and how to do it well. If not spectacularly.
To not have permits, etc. in place seems drastically odd. I don't like what it indicates. If they're this shoddy about this, what else aren't they keeping up with in their organization?

Not sure they can 'seize' it lawfully.........

But....a 60ft deep pool that you can scuba in; and a 20M diving board extending off the podium room at Aura....... I'm digging your creativity!
I'm am joking when I say that in case you didn't see the hints... >.<

...but in seriousness, if The City had powers to seize something it would be likely under certain strict conditions to exercise that. And even then it would not be unreasonable to say they would rather not use those powers even if they could. And from what little I know of the subject.

Back