Normally I'd agree, but Concord is surprisingly delivering well at Canada House, so I'm gonna give them an inch here. I know Canada House is their golden child, but this is their adopted golden child, and they may treat it as their "new" signature project (wishfully thinking at least)

Are they? It looks like one of the biggest lost opportunities of the city place community to me. Boring, bland, monolithic etc.

Not sure if these images have been posted before but they are from KPF's website... so I guess their (on-going) affiliation with the project is a thing.

1. This one appears to be the updated design added to KPF's original rendering from the Cresford days.
Sky-1.jpg

At grade.
Sky-2.jpg

Here's the blurb from KPF site. Note the Concord math @ "98 stories" (or storeys ;-):

"Concord Sky
Soon to be one of the tallest buildings in Canada, the mixed-use tower will rise 98 stories in Toronto’s bustling downtown district, adding a sleek, sculptural form to the city’s skyline.
Located at the center of an active, culturally diverse, and rapidly densifying stretch of Yonge Street, the tower incorporates two significant heritage properties. The rectilinear, rational podium creates a collection of volumes that navigate between the height of the tower and the active streetscape, carrying forward the brick and stone palettes of the historic buildings, while reinforcing the form of the new tower with vertical fins that unify the structure’s facades.
The new addition to Toronto’s vibrant downtown will feature a mix of academic, office, retail, and residential space, including 957 condominium suites. Additionally, two levels of below-grade retail will be available with a connection to the city’s underground pedestrian corridor system, PATH."

Additionally, two levels of below-grade retail will be available with a connection to the city’s underground pedestrian corridor system, PATH."
Where and How? There's a hell of a lot in-between the most northerly sections of the PATH (10 Dundas/Atrium) and 383 Yonge. Is there *anything* even roughed in between these two places? And is it fully dependent on future construction? In which case we're talking potentially decades before that happens. Or are they just deceptively calling AURA/College Park's connection the PATH? Even though it's not, at least according to the most recent PATH map: https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/8d9e-path-map-feb-2021.pdf

Either way, this selling point seems a good avenue towards Concord being sued, either by the city or buyers.

Nice to see some progress. Looks like they are almost done the first vertical lift of walls up to B4 Level? Now just to add the slab on grade and we should start seeing some equipment for suspended parking levels starting up (hopefully in June??).

Last edited:
I'm confused, I thought Concord was in trouble on this because they didn't have certain permits or something the cranes would be just sitting there for a while.

This is correct, I just checked, no permits show was issued here and the WNP (work with no Permit) order is 'unresolved'.

Where and How? There's a hell of a lot in-between the most northerly sections of the PATH (10 Dundas/Atrium) and 383 Yonge. Is there *anything* even roughed in between these two places? And is it fully dependent on future construction? In which case we're talking potentially decades before that happens. Or are they just deceptively calling AURA/College Park's connection the PATH? Even though it's not, at least according to the most recent PATH map: https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/8d9e-path-map-feb-2021.pdf

Either way, this selling point seems a good avenue towards Concord being sued, either by the city or buyers.
They obviously want to imitate the stunningly successful below-grade retail at Aura.

Not sure if these images have been posted before but they are from KPF's website... so I guess their (on-going) affiliation with the project is a thing.

1. This one appears to be the updated design added to KPF's original rendering from the Cresford days.View attachment 475584
I'm confused about the latest rendering version in the photo up above being built ! Are they really going back to this version instead? It would be nice to see this building facade go up instead of the other complicated one lol!

They obviously want to imitate the stunningly successful below-grade retail at Aura.
I heard there was a good place to eat in the food court there… Once upon a time.

Every once in a while, I go down there just to see what's new in that maze of retail closets. It's depressing. Aside from one place that sells hard-to-find Asian snacks there's nothing worth going to. A full third are usually empty, half seem run by people duped into believing any address on Yonge Street is a boon, and remainder look like they're just storage.

I think anyone promoting such a thing as being like the PATH has never used the PATH in their lives. It's a destination between destinations, not a place people actively seek out. There's a reason it gets sleepy when the office workers go home.

Back