It bothers me a bit that this tower falls just shy of supertall status, but to most people on the street it won't matter a bit. All they'll see is a huge skyscraper. It's also interesting that the Union Centre developer only applied for 298 metres for that tower, yet the city approved it up to 300 metres. I don't know if that's ever happened before? It's almost like the city was trolling the developer and skyscraper fans, lol. I could be wrong, but you have to wonder. 😃

There is now a billboard up on Yonge.

csky.jpg

This doesn't seem right??!! Is that the new CIBC tower?
My office does renders all the time, I always make sure to comment on realism at least when it comes to the backgrounds. Even though I realize they are made to show off the proposed, these gaffs stand out to be very often. (Like a commercial a few years back for I think Honda that was clearly filmed on the famous LA bridge, but they added the Toronto skyline behind. I guess I am just picky lol)

1649257358083.png

My office does renders all the time, I always make sure to comment on realism at least when it comes to the backgrounds. Even though I realize they are made to show off the proposed, these gaffs stand out to be very often. (Like a commercial a few years back for I think Honda that was clearly filmed on the famous LA bridge, but they added the Toronto skyline behind. I guess I am just picky lol)

View attachment 390641

Didn't you hear? They put ginormous jacks underneath the CIBC building and moved it overnight to Dundas Square!

Jokes aside, this is comically stupid of whichever rendering team made this image.

View attachment 390641
That's probably a failed attempt to make the Concord tower look more prestigiously located than it is and like it's rubbing shoulders with the wonderful CIBC tower. I'll bet it was intentional, and it's almost like the design version of name-dropping a celebrity.

Concord: "Hey, everyone! Look at me! The CIBC tower and I are really tight! We're like BFF!" 😃

It's nowhere near as egregious as the Dundas Square Gardens render that put Cityplace and the CN Tower in the Rosedale Valley and Dundas Square in Regent Park

Dundas-Square-Gardens-rendering1-full.jpg

i love that you had this handy. What a time it was when everyone on here saw these marketing materials. Probably sometime in 2014-2015?

Back