Teaser #2
Here’s another low res screenshot chunk of the “in progress” revisions to my (Bloor-Yorkville to the lake) future pano, this one featuring the new
Concord Sky design.

Big changes around the Yonge-Gerrard cluster including the 2 towers of 475 Yonge, the (barely visible) scallops of Chelsea Green, the new 8 Elm etc.

Note the rusty slice of the re-designed (and properly oriented ;-) 510 Yonge on the left. Personally love the 700 University residential tower’s switch to teal green cladding.

(very) low res zoomed in
Yonge-Gerrard-Cluster.jpg

Last edited:
Still a big hole in the ground literally... I guess the construction took a while on this one.

The cranes only arrived on site mid-March, about a month ago. They certainly weren't going to reach grade in 3-4 weeks! LOL It is a bit of a slow start, I would have thought they would have finished the bottom level by now.

Ok...this is weird. Most of this site's permit apps seem to have vanished, I can only find them under 363 and not one shows as 'issued'. I have to imagine that's a clerical error........

The cranes only arrived on site mid-March, about a month ago. They certainly weren't going to reach grade in 3-4 weeks! LOL It is a bit of a slow start, I would have thought they would have finished the bottom level by now.

Ok...this is weird. Most of this site's permit apps seem to have vanished, I can only find them under 363 and not one shows as 'issued'. I have to imagine that's a clerical error........

No, it's not a mistake!!!!

The site is subject to a stop work order, due to no permit!

1681331977466.png

Perhaps we will all be pleasantly surprised with this one. Fingers crossed, it's scary to think Aura might have a competitor for a cheapened out tall tower.
I'm getting used to the design and I'm confident a-A will deliver something of quality, even within Concord's bean-counting constraints.

I'm getting used to the design and I'm confident a-A will deliver something of quality, even within Concord's bean-counting constraints.

I'm reluctantly coming around to the possibility you may be right. If they get a work permit of course. 🙃

There's a fair bit of unitized curtainwall used on the lower levels and the entire mech penthouse + some upper floors (the "peak") also has curtainwall... if the vertical aluminum fins turn out well/make a statement... we might be suprised (or shocked ;-).

These balconies below will have some views...

concord-sky-peak.jpg

From the AIC link: https://secure.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do#detail1

I agree. It's no jaw dropper, I trust in a-A. we will have a decent tower. Better than Aura.

Back