News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that piece of art looked pretty atrocious. Even UNESCO's logo has more class.

AoD

^^So true- it is horrible..and will be monstrously large as well. Oh well, maybe it will turn itself in for dumping in a park...

p5

Although vaguely benign-awful--sorta like all those Al "Greenwin" Green sculptures...

Oh slightly better than those vanity projects - though she is a bit of a one trick pony with her cut-outs. At least we avoided more second-rate figurative rubbish, though there are more sculptures to come ...

I can see it working with camera-toting tourists: "Honey, stand over there and pretend you're holding up the building. Like you did in Pisa."

As long as they keep it off University and put it into the courtyard, it will be thankfully missed by most people...except maybe just the lawyers and criminals.

If they wanted more cardboard cut-outs they should have hired Ontario boy Michael Snow. I'm not fond of it, indeed it seems kind of whimsical and frivolous.

Her grandfather was a better painter than she, but that's just my opinion.

At least Michael Snow's cut out figures don't look like pictograms for washroom doors

Saw it last night on my stroll up University Ave. It has none of the grace of Walking Woman that I'd hoped for, and how many will even realize there's a "missing" figure - the key to unlocking the sluggish symbolism of the piece?

Ho-hum. Methinks we're almost in Gumby territory with this thing.

I remember walking by this thing a month or two ago. I don't remember being overly impressed by it.

Back