Wait a minute! How can the Line 1's Eglinton Station be operational with all that construction going on? Wouldn't we be able to connect with Line 5's Eglinton Station? We don't leave Line 1's Bloor Station and go outside to transfer to Line 2's Yonge Station.

Here's what the underpass will eventually look like. This part of the station is unpaid and will connect the four corners of the Yonge-Eglinton intersection
int_yonge_ttc_concourse_90.jpg

How do passengers get to the Eglinton Station on Line 1?

You mean currently, during construction? Last time I was up there, the entrance was via the north doors of Canada Square. There was no concourse access, you had to cross the street if you weren't on the SW corner. (This was a few months ago; it may have since changed.)

You mean currently, during construction? Last time I was up there, the entrance was via the north doors of Canada Square. There was no concourse access, you had to cross the street if you weren't on the SW corner. (This was a few months ago; it may have since changed.)

And they have been running the light rail vehicles through Line 5's Eglinton Station since November of 2021.

This is still true. You must access Line 1 from South West corner of Y/E. Also you can not (legally) cross the street on the south side to go East-West.

There is also the South entrance that is open.

Back