5.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 26K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
^^^Ehmm....I sure hope the gas container isnt filled with any amount of gas in it. Because you know, it's right next to 2 giant flammable explosive tanks.

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
aside from literally everything but the sign looking pretty gross, this is nice. I like these signs a whole lot more than the incredibly dull YSSE ones. Also can't wait for the line to open just to see how the stations look when they are regularly cleaned cus again... looks gross
We can always re-decorate when the COVID-19 bills are paid off. At least the structure is there. We can change the look in the future.

Last edited:

ARG1

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
i mean they only ever do that at least 50 years after the station has opened... and when it's in such a state of disarray it needs other upgrades too.
I'm pretty sure at least TYSSE will be refurbished far sooner. It's only been what, 3 years, and Pioneer Village already looks like this?
1615914447538.png

No those aren't video compression artifacts, that's how dirty Pioneer Village has become. I honestly expect retiling sooner than later.

Source: VanishingUnderground

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I'm pretty sure at least TYSSE will be refurbished far sooner. It's only been what, 3 years, and Pioneer Village already looks like this? View attachment 306136
No those aren't video compression artifacts, that's how dirty Pioneer Village has become. I honestly expect retiling sooner than later.

What am I looking at?

KhalilHeron

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I'm pretty sure at least TYSSE will be refurbished far sooner. It's only been what, 3 years, and Pioneer Village already looks like this? View attachment 306136

I mean they're dirty but not terrible or damaged or anything. A good power wash should fix that. But I mean even I they retile it's not like they're gonna change the design like at paper any time soon which is more so what I meant

EnviroTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
It has to do with the runoff getting into the drains. The tunnel walls have everything from brake dust to asbestos on them and the MoE does not want that stuff going down the drain.
You would think they would come up with an alternative to the dirty water going down the drain or not cleaning the walls and having that brake dust and asbestos going into people's lungs.

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
You would think they would come up with an alternative to the dirty water going down the drain or not cleaning the walls and having that brake dust and asbestos going into people's lungs.

They are removing the asbestos hence the extended closure on University and previous closures on North Yonge.

There are ways to wash it down but they are overly complicated and involved vacuuming up the water much like a carpet cleaner or the platform cleaners. The only other way is to barricade off the drains while cleaning.