News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I take it that the tracks wont remain like that because people could trip over them if they are left like that.

People here say they will be covered with grass, but i'm not counting on it. Although I expect that when they start pouring the concrete everyones tears here could grow a rainforest, let alone some grass.

^Is there an authoritative over/under on what it costs to maintain grass vs traditional ballast/concrete?

Those rails won't stay new forever.

- Paul

Pleasepleaseplease tell me this isn't true

View attachment 314404
This could have been avoided had Metrolinx just followed their own damn guidelines and just stuck with the already established Eglinton West name. Metrolinx really is the fruitcake of transit agencies. It's the gift that keeps on giving but nobody wants it.

As an aside if we wanted to go back the the hyphenated names why not just use the original "Eglinton-Allen" which was the proposed name back during the Eglinton West Subway era. Also why don't we just rename Eglinton Station to Eglinton-Yonge so that we can have consistency in the network.

Pleasepleaseplease tell me this isn't true

View attachment 314404

Looks like we have an update...
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 4.46.56 PM.png

I still am not a fan of the Cedarvale name. I like the hyphenated names for interchange stations personally.
same though Cedarvale doesn't bother me too much because Eglinton-Allen wouldn't be too useful a name since no other part of the system is named after allen. I am still pretty bothered by Eglinton though, as it breaks all the current conventions for naming throughout the system, which Cedarvale doesn't really do.

same though Cedarvale doesn't bother me too much because Eglinton-Allen wouldn't be too useful a name since no other part of the system is named after allen. I am still pretty bothered by Eglinton though, as it breaks all the current conventions for naming throughout the system, which Cedarvale doesn't really do.
Well there is not other station with the "Allan" moniker because there is no other transfer point along the Allen Expressway. Had the Sheppard Line made it to Downsview then it is possible it would have been given the name Donwsview-Allen, which you be consistent with Eglinton-Allen as part of the Eglinton West subway.

Back