News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I've gone multiple times looking but they seem to have been in storage at science centre pretty much since a week or two after they arrived.
I went along the entire Scarborough section today and most of the work on the tracks and stops seems done at this point, but they're still working on the streetscape and getting around is an absolute nightmare if you're on foot or biking.
It is interesting no one is working on the above grade as many sections are incomplete. For example I passed by wynford to warden and the rubber part is not installed on the tracks yet and also the stations seem to have a lot of work cosmetically at least to finish. I assume those workers moved to the underground portion to start installing those track works? just speculating but pretty disappointed with the lack of progress on the above grade section the last couple weeks.

Imagine an informal strike taking place lol

Part 1 of 3 taken at Fairbank station on July 9, 2021:

IMG_0889.jpg
IMG_0890.jpg
IMG_0891.jpg
IMG_0892.jpg
IMG_0893.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg
IMG_0897.jpg

They are all back side of the southeast entrance.

I've gone multiple times looking but they seem to have been in storage at science centre pretty much since a week or two after they arrived.
Nitpick: they're storing the cars in the tunnels west of Leslie, not at the Science Centre.

Until quite recently they were still doing some final work in a couple of locations along the line - for instance, there was a bit of remedial work required to the overhead at the Leslie portal, and the bridge over the West Don River only finished being waterproofed a week or two ago.

I had been told however that they had manged to slip out a do a bit of overnight testing in places, although as much as anything that was for checking clearances.

Dan

Nitpick: they're storing the cars in the tunnels west of Leslie, not at the Science Centre.

Until quite recently they were still doing some final work in a couple of locations along the line - for instance, there was a bit of remedial work required to the overhead at the Leslie portal, and the bridge over the West Don River only finished being waterproofed a week or two ago.

I had been told however that they had manged to slip out a do a bit of overnight testing in places, although as much as anything that was for checking clearances.

Dan
ah thanks didnt know that!
It is interesting no one is working on the above grade as many sections are incomplete. For example I passed by wynford to warden and the rubber part is not installed on the tracks yet and also the stations seem to have a lot of work cosmetically at least to finish. I assume those workers moved to the underground portion to start installing those track works? just speculating but pretty disappointed with the lack of progress on the above grade section the last couple weeks.

I mean there were a tonne of workers just mostly working on the sidewalks and such. Still, quite a few doing works around the tracks and stations over by ionview and birchmount so maybe they're working their way westward

I don't. Key stations are not yet completed. They are still pouring concrete at Kennedy while others still have more major works going on.
There is a lot going on but there are 18 months to the end of 2022. I have watched the secondary entrance at Mount Pleasant go from empty concrete lined pit to structurally complete in 6 months. Except for Yonge and Eglinton all the stations have their pours close to reaching grade now so structurally complete will likely occur late 2021 (except the Yonge Eglinton station's new southwest entrance likely being the very last structure built) leaving 2022 to be fit out. The track looks like they will be complete sometime in 2021 (even Yonge and Eglinton had poured track level and the first level above that) so if they are unable to run trains end to end this year it should be early in the new year.

One thing that slowed the progress of other construction was new tunneling for Massey Creek.This is at Rosemount.Eglinton had to be dug up in sections and there were unforeseen problems. It took much longer to finish replacing all road work. Then shoring work continued for another year not directly affecting traffic,but sidewalks and curbs were not replaced until recently.

I contacted Anne Marie Aikins at Metrolinx on Twitter and asked her when the dynamic testing would actually begin on the Crosstown surface section. I mentioned that I had noticed rubber membrane being installed east of Sloane but no sign of any Flexity Freedom LRV's. Crosstown replied yesterday with this response:"We are still in the process of finalizing the signalling system static tests, these need to be completed prior to the dynamic testing. Once this is complete they will start to see the vehicles running more, should be a couple of weeks.". On another note I noticed people crossing the right of way at several places without looking to see if any trains were active. There is still a large pile of rubber membrane sitting west of Sloane waiting to be installed. I noticed that Crosstown also responded to somebody's tweet that the Surface section will have green track.

I contacted Anne Marie Aikins at Metrolinx on Twitter and asked her when the dynamic testing would actually begin on the Crosstown surface section. I mentioned that I had noticed rubber membrane being installed east of Sloane but no sign of any Flexity Freedom LRV's. Crosstown replied yesterday with this response:"We are still in the process of finalizing the signalling system static tests, these need to be completed prior to the dynamic testing. Once this is complete they will start to see the vehicles running more, should be a couple of weeks.". On another note I noticed people crossing the right of way at several places without looking to see if any trains were active. There is still a large pile of rubber membrane sitting west of Sloane waiting to be installed. I noticed that Crosstown also responded to somebody's tweet that the Surface section will have green track.
Thanks JU For getting “The rest of the Story” about no train testing.
. About the rubber. Is this the rubber placed underneath the tracks themselves to cushion them for less noise and a smooth ride? I saw it being placed all the way from Ionview to Vic Park and wherever tracks were being laid.

Back