News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I wouldn't be surprised it being push into summer or even September 2023. TTC needs like a few months to schedule all the route changes once they have a confirm handover date. Unlike the TYSSE, they still have to train operators too before the pre-opening trial period.

All of the routes have been scheduled, and all of the operators have been selected, with at least two classes now in training.

That said.....I'm still going to expect that the TTC will want to run the service without passengers for 2 board periods (at least) as they normally do. If the handover is in September, than there is a chance that the line will open for Christmas. But if the handover is in December......it's going to be a long winter.

Dan

Based on the presentation it confirms this line will not open to passengers this year. We are looking at a Spring 2023 public launch at the earliest. Would make sense testing it out in a Toronto winter prior to it opening to service. Don't want an Ottawa LRT repeat.

Anyone know at what point they will inform the public it will not open this year? I would assume after John Tory wins his 3rd term after October 24. Can't see an announcement being held before that TBH.

Apologies for being too keen, as I asked this before (and have checked youtube) but has anyone witnessed the full-speed tests on Line 5?

Based on the presentation it confirms this line will not open to passengers this year. We are looking at a Spring 2023 public launch at the earliest. Would make sense testing it out in a Toronto winter prior to it opening to service. Don't want an Ottawa LRT repeat.

Anyone know at what point they will inform the public it will not open this year? I would assume after John Tory wins his 3rd term after October 24. Can't see an announcement being held before that TBH.

Is Tory even going to run this year? I heard he wasn't interested in the 3-rd term, but that was long ago.

^ Not sure how to feel about that. He is doing well for the most part. But, new ideas and new approaches are needed from time to time, and usually that requires new people in charge.

A few pics of the Sloane stop (Bermondsey):

20220620_102635.jpg
20220620_102653.jpg
20220620_102706.jpg

^ Not sure how to feel about that. He is doing well for the most part. But, new ideas and new approaches are needed from time to time, and usually that requires new people in charge.
I think Tory running is great for the Transit Expansion.. With new cooks in kitchen can sometimes cause stir and delay projects (Hamilton LRT and so many more examples in the GTA's history). Once Tory is re-elected he will be in place until end of 2026 when most of the projects will be well under construction and a new mayor won't significantly impact them. Just my thoughts

I think Tory running is great for the Transit Expansion.. With new cooks in kitchen can sometimes cause stir and delay projects (Hamilton LRT and so many more examples in the GTA's history). Once Tory is re-elected he will be in place until end of 2026 when most of the projects will be well under construction and a new mayor won't significantly impact them. Just my thoughts
Has Toronto accomplished anything in transit expansion since 2016? They punted and delayed all their projects by years. About the only thing they've done is (almost) start the second Line 2 platform at Bloor-Yonge station.

Compare to the province, that now has 6 major transit expansion projects currently in Toronto ... and more if you include GO Train projects.

Has Toronto accomplished anything in transit expansion since 2016? They punted and delayed all their projects by years. About the only thing they've done is (almost) start the second Line 2 platform at Bloor-Yonge station.

Compare to the province, that now has 6 major transit expansion projects currently in Toronto ... and more if you include GO Train projects.
With Tory as Mayor imo he will give a pre pass to Ford to do pretty much whatever transit related as long as more transit is involved. We may not get that with another Mayor and may in turn to a negative working relationship and can impact transit projects.

If Tory can get Waterfront LRT and EGLRT East Extension funded by the Feds/Province I feel that would be great way to cap off his legacy from transit perspective.

With Tory as Mayor imo he will give a pre pass to Ford to do pretty much whatever transit related as long as more transit is involved. We may not get that with another Mayor and may in turn to a negative working relationship and can impact transit projects.
The province passed legislation forbidding the city from working on any of the 4 projects they were adding; with a clause making it very easy to add to that list. That's not Tory letting Ford whatever he wants. Tory and the city have little to do with it.

If Tory can get Waterfront LRT and EGLRT East Extension funded by the Feds/Province I feel that would be great way to cap off his legacy from transit perspective.
I'm not sure why the province would throw in money - the deal was the province deal with the 4 new projects, plus the Sheppard East subway, and the city dealt with Bloor-Yonge, the Waterfront LRT and Eglinton East lines.

As far as I know, the city also got federal funding for Bloor-Yonge. Did it get any provincial funding? Yes, funding for these would be great - but they've had as long as Metrolinx has had with their 4 projects, with much less to show for it.

Back