News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Passed along Eglinton this morning. While I understand that the street needs to be occupied for the open works near Yonge, I do wonder whether the sheer volume of cars and trucks parked within the hoarding area which stretches towards Redpath are strictly necessary...

Passed along Eglinton this morning. While I understand that the street needs to be occupied for the open works near Yonge, I do wonder whether the sheer volume of cars and trucks parked within the hoarding area which stretches towards Redpath are strictly necessary...

Just wait until Ontario Line gets started downtown. Laydown and parking space will be very challenging.

I wonder if anyone has thought of requiring construction workers to come by transit or park their cars further away with a dedicated shuttle service. The current mindset which lets construction people park where they like may not be appropriate.

- Paul

Update for Bathurst and Eglinton.
45B894FC-03AA-4A67-8089-419F0A289ED1.png

Just wait until Ontario Line gets started downtown. Laydown and parking space will be very challenging.

I wonder if anyone has thought of requiring construction workers to come by transit or park their cars further away with a dedicated shuttle service. The current mindset which lets construction people park where they like may not be appropriate.

- Paul
They usually get their for 6:xx and a lot of them live further out. I don't see them waking up 40 mins to an hour earlier to take transit.

Transit isn't even an option for many. Tons of them are coming in from out of the city, and transit services don't run early enough or frequent enough or reliably enough to get them in on time. Let alone the question of getting boots, extra clothes, and gear over there.

Our transit system is really designed with 9-5 office workers in mind. It's not great for riders outside those parameters

Avenue Rd would be a north-south or loop at Avenue Rd and Eglinton. Mount Pleasant would use St Clair/Yonge Station. 34 would disappear or be like 97

That would make sense, but Avenue station won't have a bus terminal, which would be odd unless it continued to Eglinton.

That would make sense, but Avenue station won't have a bus terminal, which would be odd unless it continued to Eglinton.
Why have a bus terminal when the bus is running from end to end on the street like the 97 does as an all day line??

That's started already!? Would it be done by 2030?
That video is how old??

As far as I know and stand to be corrected, no EA has started for the extension nor has the GTAA comment to the plan or funding for it. If there is an EA out there, it will have to be dusted off as the transit hub was never in the picture at the time.

If funds could be found for the extension alone with approve EA, 2033-35 would be the timeframe for everything to service the airport. That is VIA, GO Transit, Crosstown and the GTA transit systems.

Why have a bus terminal when the bus is running from end to end on the street like the 97 does as an all day line??

I was referring to the Avenue Rd. bus, which I thought was maybe still split as the Nortown West. I didn't realize when I posted it was now combined.

That video is how old??

I didn't actually watch it. I just saw the link and got excited.

Last edited:

Back