News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Special Metrolinx board meeting tomorrow about station names. Lebovic, Forest Hill and Fairbank were questioned by the board, and after further examination, they are only proposing to change Lebovic to Hakimi.

Changing Lebovic to Hakimi is about as pointless as their decision to change Bermondsey to Sloane. What does that accomplish? Meanwhile there are several other names that are quite problematic, but none of them will be changed at this point. It seems that the only station the Metrolinx board truly cares about is Forest Hill (is is it because some of them live there?). Had they considered "Forest Hill North" as a possible alternative, which is in fact the actual name of the neighbourhood and it's searchable on google maps, I think it would have made everyone happy. But alas, they were not smart enough to think of that.

wow. I'm furious, they're keeping the old names AND changing one of them to Hakimi?
And what's with the pressure of the January 20 date? As if they're forcing the board to just accept the recommendations because they ran out of time.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is outraged about this. I urge you all to write Mr. Prichard about this prior to the meeting:
Robert.Prichard@metrolinx.com
I just finished sending an email. What good that's going to do. My previous email regarding these names were never addressed.

They could have made up a name from thin air to replace Lebovic station and it would have been better.

I welcome the motion to rename it to Centennial.

Back