News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I think the poster is asking where within Kennedy station will the LRT be underground. If the question was about the tunnel toward Kennedy, the LRT begins to descent just after Ionview and will be fully underground by the time it reaches the intersection of Kennedy Rd & Eglinton.

thanks that's what I was wondering as I couldn't really figure it out from the crosstown website

Ah... they're laying the tracks on Eglinton at Duplex.

s0071_it1639.jpg

s0071_it1637.jpg

What a difference 94 years makes.
and not for the better.

What will the neighbourhoods along Eglinton Avenue look like in 2021 and after?

Before 1954, this was what Yonge and Eglinton looked like. See link.

20150818-YongeEg-Aerial-Low.jpg

And in 1969.
2012410-ye-20years.jpg

What will the Mt. Dennis neighbourhood look like in 2021... and in 2041?

This was Mt. Dennis in the 1930.
Aerial_view_of_the_Kodak_campus_in_Mount_Dennis.jpg

Last edited:
What will the neighbourhoods along Eglinton Avenue look like in 2021 and after?

In 1954, this was what Yonge and Eglinton looked like. See link.

20150818-YongeEg-Aerial-Low.jpg

And in 1969.
2012410-ye-20years.jpg

What will the Mt. Dennis neighbourhood look like in 2021... and in 2041?

This was Mt. Dennis in the 1930.
Aerial_view_of_the_Kodak_campus_in_Mount_Dennis.jpg
but the difference is west on weston rd along eglinton is eglinton flats. The city will not allow development on parkland ( I assume as I heard from a councillor once the city does not sell parkland. Eglinton Flats extends basically to Jane St. There are obviously neighbourhoods with houses that could be bought up or perhaps development just along Weston Rd without having to destroy neighbourhoods which should be the preferred option

The Kodak plant where the LRT yard will be located was a fascinating plant. It was so big that it resembled an industrial campus or something like the Distillery District with various buildings. It was one of the city's most impressive industrial operations up to its final day.

I saw some of the interior during a preview opening for the auction of equipment after it closed. It was a remarkably clean, big, well lit and modern factory. It probably would have still been humming today if it weren't for digital cameras. Some factories die a slow death, becoming rundown as a company declines. By contrast, Kodak was pristine until the end.

We're fortunate that at least the administration building is getting preserved. It will be a reminder of the site's rich industrial past.

Last edited:
We're fortunate that at least the administration building is getting preserved. It will be a reminder of the site's rich industrial past.

I learned recently that the decisionmaking power for the continued use of this building rests with the local community association. A proposal was put forward to establish a photographic museum/gallery in the building but this was vetoed by the community. (An odd decision, from my perspective). I wonder what use it will be aimed towards.

- Paul

I learned recently that the decisionmaking power for the continued use of this building rests with the local community association. A proposal was put forward to establish a photographic museum/gallery in the building but this was vetoed by the community. (An odd decision, from my perspective). I wonder what use it will be aimed towards.

- Paul

and the city is building a new community centre at the southeast corner of Black Creek Drive and Eglinton Avenue West. See link and link. Expected to open after June 2016.

16937-56511.jpg

Last edited:
The bus station site at Don Mills and Eglinton (in front of Superstore) has been completely cleared of trees and bushes. Hoarding is going up around trees on all 4 corners of the intersection that will be protected, and the ones coming down are marked to be cut. It will be interesting seeing how this station gets built and how bad traffic will be during construction.

- Paul
thats insane the community vetoed it and really surprising. What is it that they want to see there? I bet a community hub - different than community centre

and the city is building a new community centre at the southeast corner of Black Creek Drive and Eglinton Avenue West. See link and link. Expected to open after June 2016.

16937-56511.jpg
its already been delayed for a year as it was to open summer of 2015 and now not until the Fall.

Back