News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm pretty sure at least TYSSE will be refurbished far sooner. It's only been what, 3 years, and Pioneer Village already looks like this? View attachment 306136
No those aren't video compression artifacts, that's how dirty Pioneer Village has become. I honestly expect retiling sooner than later.

Source: VanishingUnderground

What am I looking at?

I'm pretty sure at least TYSSE will be refurbished far sooner. It's only been what, 3 years, and Pioneer Village already looks like this? View attachment 306136
No those aren't video compression artifacts, that's how dirty Pioneer Village has become. I honestly expect retiling sooner than later.

Source: VanishingUnderground
I mean they're dirty but not terrible or damaged or anything. A good power wash should fix that. But I mean even I they retile it's not like they're gonna change the design like at paper any time soon which is more so what I meant

It has to do with the runoff getting into the drains. The tunnel walls have everything from brake dust to asbestos on them and the MoE does not want that stuff going down the drain.
You would think they would come up with an alternative to the dirty water going down the drain or not cleaning the walls and having that brake dust and asbestos going into people's lungs.

You would think they would come up with an alternative to the dirty water going down the drain or not cleaning the walls and having that brake dust and asbestos going into people's lungs.

They are removing the asbestos hence the extended closure on University and previous closures on North Yonge.

There are ways to wash it down but they are overly complicated and involved vacuuming up the water much like a carpet cleaner or the platform cleaners. The only other way is to barricade off the drains while cleaning.

Caledonia station today after purchasing a new bike from Canadian Tire:

IMG_0085.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg

Haven't kept up with construction updates for this project recently, but last night I heard a deep rumbling under Eglinton on my walk from Mt Pleasant to Bayview.

Was that the sound of them testing vehicles or something else?

Back