8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Eglinton Crosstown LRT Open House Update

West - Weston Road to Avenue Road - June 20, 2022
East - Yonge Street and Kennedy Road - June 27, 2022

The next open house will be held towards the end of the Fall or early Winter prior to line officially opening for passengers!

Almost at the finish line

Screenshot_2022-06-14_101522.jpg

These guys are far far behind. That station looks no where close to completion
The fact they are putting in the glass guardrails seem to suggest they are working on the finishing touches - which in the grand scheme of things should not take that much time.

It's just a two to three month job if it's just tiles and finishing. All the protective plywoods and stuff won't be removed until it's close to finishing so others don't damage them moving equipment around. It it can look like a mess.

So on the topic of winding things up, what are the key incomplete, critical path issues which prevent revenue service from being started, say…today? On one hand, we have cheerful Metrolinx tweets about max speed testing underground and taking a look at the surface section east of Brentcliffe a casual observer would say this is done. On the other, a death at Cedarvale construction a week back, and Eglinton well behind due to the (in)famous caissons. What are the biggest issues at this point?

eg.

1.Eglinton-Yonge station itself.
2. Some other bloody station
3. Issue #3

etc.

Eglinton Yonge remains the critical path portion of the project from my understanding, but even that is getting close.

The real question is if it can all be wrapped up in 3 months for project turnover to Metrolinx on September 21st... and I'm very doubtful. They haven't even poured the ground level slab at Yonge, yet alone built the entrance building or complete any station finishes.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see one more delay at this point, but not by a ton. Maybe another 3 months.

Eglinton Yonge remains the critical path portion of the project from my understanding, but even that is getting close.

The real question is if it can all be wrapped up in 3 months for project turnover to Metrolinx on September 21st... and I'm very doubtful. They haven't even poured the ground level slab at Yonge, yet alone built the entrance building or complete any station finishes.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see one more delay at this point, but not by a ton. Maybe another 3 months.

My bday is Dec 30th

Before or After do you think the crosstown will be operational?

Eglinton Crosstown LRT​

Construction Notice
5692fa05-39ce-4499-beba-e6034a51172c.png

date of work​

b77d06b3-64d4-cd1a-9823-73cf08fbfede.jpg

As early as 9:00 p.m. on Monday, June 20, 2022, and continuing nightly through Thursday, June 23, 2022, at 6:00 a.m., crews will be performing milling and paving works at the intersection of Eglinton Avenue West and Black Creek Drive. To facilitate these works, Eglinton Avenue West will be closed between Keele Street and Weston Road, with the work area open to local traffic only. Black Creek Drive will be closed between Weston Road and Trethewey Drive, with the work area open to local traffic only. Work will take place nightly between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. for approximately three (3) nights. Outside of these hours, road operations will continue normally. Significant traffic changes will be in effect. Please review the complete notice for more information.​

What to Expect​

No vehicle access through Eglinton Avenue West between Keele Street and Weston Road. No vehicles access through Black Creek Drive between Weston Road and Trethewey Drive. Emergency service vehicles, TTC buses, and local traffic will be permitted through the road closures. Northbound and southbound busses will be detoured around the work zone – review below TTC Information. Traffic control personnel and/or a Paid Duty Officer will be present while this work takes place.

Overnight noise from construction activities including trucks, asphalt removals (milling), paving, and compacting can be expected. Site lighting can also be expected.​

Hours of Work​

• Milling works: Evening of Monday, June 20, 2022.
  • Paving works: Evening of Tuesday June 21, and Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
  • Work will take place between approximately 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
  • This work may be delayed or rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.

Traffic Details​

• Eglinton Avenue West will be closed between Keele Street and Weston Road.
  • Black Creek Drive will be closed between Weston Road and Trethewey Drive.
  • Emergency service vehicles, TTC buses, and local traffic will be permitted through the road closures.
  • Traffic control personnel and/or a Paid Duty Officer will be present while this work takes place.

Pedestrians Details​

• No changes to the current pedestrian routes as a result of this work.​

Transit Information​

• Stops on Black Creek Drive will not be in service.
  • TTC bus route 71 Runnymede will divert southbound via Trethewey Drive, Eglinton Avenue West to route.
  • TTC bus route 171 Mount Dennis will divert southbound via Trethewey Drive, Eglinton Avenue West to route.
  • Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.

First of many phases for sidewalks and then for the road

Eglinton Crosstown LRT​

Construction Notice

5692fa05-39ce-4499-beba-e6034a51172c.png

date of work​

36b16430-c9f7-f113-dcee-d8bb1ae264c1.jpg
As early as, Monday, June 20, 2022, crews at Caledonia Station will be performing sidewalk restoration works on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West between Blackthorne Avenue and Croham Road. To facilitate this work, the sidewalk on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West between Blackthorne Avenue and Croham Road will be temporarily closed. Pedestrians will be safely rerouted around the work zone. Westbound traffic on Eglinton Avenue West will be reduced to two lanes east of Blackthorne Avenue. This works is expected to take place on Monday – Friday between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for approximately one (1) week.

What to Expect​

Noise from construction activities, including concrete breaking and pouring, can be expected. Expect delays while travelling through the area. The sidewalk will reopen upon completion of the work.​

Hours of Work​

• As early as Monday, June 20, 2022, for approximately one (1) week.
  • This work is expected to take place on Monday – Friday between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
  • This work may be longer or shorter than expected.

Traffic Details​

• Westbound traffic on Eglinton Avenue West will be reduced to two lanes east of Blackthorne Avenue.​

Pedestrians Details​

• The sidewalk on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West will be temporarily closed between Blackthorne Avenue and Croham Road.
  • Pedestrians will be safely rerouted around the work zone.

Transit Information​

• The westbound TTC bus stop located at Blackthorne Avenue will be temporarily relocated approximately 10-metres east.
  • Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.

With our new underground LRT stations, we're seeing a lot of exposed concrete. It can make for an interesting contemporary design element or look cheap and trashy. When I see stains on the walls, patches, and unevenness from afar, it makes for a cheap and trashy impression. Hopefully, the exposed concrete will be nicely finished here.

Take a look at the concrete columns along the platforms on these new Warsaw Metro stations. Now that's some high-quality exposed concrete, down to the sleek and elegant sheen.

Hopefully, the exposed concrete will be nicely finished here.
Given our experience with the TYSSE, I would be skeptical. I don’t know if it’s a design or maintenance failure, but a number of stations with exposed concrete have large water stains. It’s disappointing, because I’m generally ‘ok’ with the exposed-concrete look.

Back