News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Officially the handover to Metrolinx is still scheduled for September 21st. Nobody is expecting it to open then, with Metrolinx saying it will open later once testing is done, but Crosslinx is supposed to have the line ready for occupancy by then.

Which likely won't be happening.
I don't get why they are not publicly disclosing that the opening is pushed to next year? What is the rationale here? Are they waiting for the city elections to be finished? or waiting till its transferred to the TTC and then blame them for further delay? Like what is the reasoning as wouldn't it make sense to get ahead of the story. Proactive rather than reactive

I’m not sure what benefit there is to announcing the date. The media/public is going to say it’s late regardless, and if it slips again for whatever reason MX/TTC/politicians are going to wear egg on their faces. At this point I would just stay silent and only announce something 2-3 months out from revenue operation when I was fairly confident of hitting my target.

Find it funny that the “original” photo they had has a giant graffiti right in the middle. If no one bothered to remove it back then, how important is this “heritage” building anyways that it needed to be rebuilt.

Why would a heritage structure be immune from attracting grafitti?

And if you knew the building was about to be reconstructed - wouldn’t you wait and let the people doing the reconstruction remove any grafitti as part of that work ?

- Paul

Why would a heritage structure be immune from attracting grafitti?

And if you knew the building was about to be reconstructed - wouldn’t you wait and let the people doing the reconstruction remove any grafitti as part of that work ?

- Paul
It won’t be immune, but if it’s of so little importance to people why bother spending the money and time rebuilding it. I wonder how much money and time wasted for useless “heritage“ features in Toronto, like the ugly train shed at Union.

It won’t be immune, but if it’s of so little importance to people why bother spending the money and time rebuilding it. I wonder how much money and time wasted for useless “heritage“ features in Toronto, like the ugly train shed at Union.
idk, I think the train shed is lovely.

That train shed has so much heritage protection they can't fully demolish it.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

The train shed is very ugly and isn't an integral part of Union Station. The head house (with the columns and great hall) is the true gem... therefore not replacing train shed WAS a mistake.
This building is beautiful and adds character to this intersection. Therefore, this transit project should, and did, restore it to its former glory.

Or are we now against heritage preservation? By that, I mean true heritage... not protecting worthless buildings as a cynical way to prevent development.

Probably next to zero, considering Toronto by and large cares nothing for its heritage and demolishes historically significant buildings and vehicles at the slightest provocation.

Praise be to the exemptions.

Backfill at Leaside (Bayview) nearing road level. Fri, Aug 19.
IMG_20220819_164047.jpg
IMG_20220819_163819.jpg

Back