News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There is a lot odd in your comment there. The Sheppard Subway was fully built before the Eglinton Crosstown was even a twinkle in David Miller's eye.
Perhaps did you mean the Scarborough Subway extension?
I believe that the OP is referring to the 2011 deal between Stintz and Ford to extend the Sheppard Subway - though I thought still included Eglinton underground until 2012 ... but there were many variations between 2010 and 2013, as Ford had little of council or the TTC.

<edit> And I am wrong, based on the following post. There were a lot of approved plans between 2010 and 2013 - it's like the entire council was on crack or something ...

Last edited:
There is a lot odd in your comment there. The Sheppard Subway was fully built before the Eglinton Crosstown was even a twinkle in David Miller's eye.
Perhaps did you mean the Scarborough Subway extension?
I did mean that yes, I thought that the implication was clear since we're talking about 2012 here.

From the city's Eglinton TOday newsletter:

In our update last month, we communicated that staff would provide a project update to the Infrastructure & Environment Committee (IEC) on June 5, 2023 (today) followed by a full report for approval in the fall.

Metrolinx has not completed finalizing underground preparations on some sections on Eglinton Avenue which has affected timelines of the proposed eglintonToday project. City staff will not be providing an eglintonTOday update to the Infrastructure & Environment Committee (IEC) today and instead will focus on developing a comprehensive monitoring and data collection plan with stakeholders and reporting to IEC and City Council, with a new targeted timeline of reporting in the fall.

The Agenda discussed the Crosstown debacle last night

I think the opportunity to comment on how government had messed up this project many times before it even started was largely absent from the talk.

From Bob Rae and Mike Harris delaying and then canceling the original Eglinton subway, then the delay of the portion to the airport by McGuinty, to finally Rob Ford declaring the line being entirely underground, only to be reversed by city hall, the line has really gone through decades of political meddling.
Good video and points. As much as I'd hate to blame the pandemic on the delays, it did factor a lot of the problems we're facing today. It just baffles me that they clearly underestimated how hard it would be to build under existing subway stations without doing their research. The Ontario line will be done differently as the tunnels themselves will be twice as deep as the Eglington underground stations, resulting in a lot of stairs and escalators going in.

Fire Mulroney
Not happening under any circumstance. Aside from Eglinton LRT it is important to keep in her place for the North America's largest transit expansion plan. She should be there at least till the end of this term and by then all major transit expansion projects will be executed. And then if she still has the energy in her let her lead the planning for the next batch (Ontario Line North, Eglinton West Extension to Airport, Scarborough Subway Extension West and East which will be announced for the next elections campaign)

Aside from Eglinton LRT it is important to keep in her place for the North America's largest transit expansion plan.
What, you're telling me there's no one else in the province capable of drawing lines on the back of a napkin, giving contracts to corrupt consortiums, and keeping secrets from the public?

What, you're telling me there's no one else in the province capable of drawing lines on the back of a napkin, giving contracts to corrupt consortiums, and keeping secrets from the public?
My thought process is at least something is being built. Nothing major has been built since over 50-60 years. Now finally have several lines proposed with construction started for most. No point changing the Captain and mess things up further. I am happy with the 4 major projects (YNSE, OL, EGWLRT, SSE) being built around 2030 ish.

Be careful what you wish for.

My thought process is at least something is being built. Nothing major has been built since over 50-60 years. Now finally have several lines proposed with construction started for most. No point changing the Captain and mess things up further. I am happy with the 4 major projects (YNSE, OL, EGWLRT, SSE) being built around 2030 ish.

Be careful what you wish for.
I'd be happy if we stopped making silly decisions about technology, routing, etc. Line 5 is a silly mishmash. The tunneled portion should just have been a proper highfloor subway with PSDs, and the surface portion could be a separate LRT line, if not elevated subway. Golden Mile is a suburban wasteland currently.

Last edited:
I'd be happy if we stopped making silly decisions about technology, routing, etc. Line 4 is a silly mishmash. The tunneled portion should just have been a proper highfloor subway with PSDs, and the surface portion could be a separate LRT line, if not elevated subway. Golden Mile is a suburban wasteland currently.
Line 4 is Sheppard. You mean Line 5 Eglinton.

they call can so what's the point of changing anyways

Back