In a perfect world, this stingy developer sell the site and a luxury developer would buy it and hire Robert A.M Stern architects.

Huge overabundance of glass in this part of town.

I would rather wait another 8 years for a Stern to go up here, than this lousy overpriced econo-tecture.

Last edited:
I wish the tallest tower would just do the colourful part the whole way up. It looks so stupid doing a part that has a remotely interesting design for a few floors and then going back to boring Toronto blue/grey glass above that.

Wow mega disappointed. I think this entire site needs to be rethought. Unless unground renovations are implying a zone and flip, which may not be a bad thing based on this current design.

Also from the docs, elevation drawing for Phase 1 (http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do#detail1) 18 221948 STE 27 OZ

Cumb-Square1.jpg

CumbSq2.jpg

For those of you that don't know its hieght looking up at street level. It will be slightly lower in hieght than the 1 Bloor East tower wow!

Yorkville continues to disappoint. Little about this says luxury. The base seems fine but everything above it? Even if they use high quality materials this will be as engaging to look at as a piece of toast. I don't expect a Steinway Tower (NYC) level of refinement in Toronto but we should still expect luxury. This is Yorkville.

Last edited:
Yeah, the architecture of Yorkville is getting more and more bad each year. It's weird, because it's the most expensive area in the city. However, maybe it will turn out to be that terrible. Let's wait to see a new render before being strongly disappointed.

To compensate its bland architecture, I hope that the 80 Bloor West will be built with its current design or the resurrection of the elegant Holt Renfrew 's skyscraper. They would really compensate and really help the city's skyline. I regret so much the loss of the Holt' s tower. 😭

Cumberland-Square-Condos-rendering1-full.jpg

9100-115686.jpeg

Back