Anyone who thought we were actually going to get those initial designs with the literally impossible engineering on some parts of it.. I’m sorry you are so gullible.

Which engineering issues did you think were impossible? (No need to add the you are so gullible part. I really think that takes away from what many see as your excellent contributions to the forum. Everyone has their expertise in different areas. :)
)

I’m thinking specifically of the overhanging sun reflecting thing that was in the first version, which to be fair I think they removed in the second version.

also, this latest version still looks very similar to the last one.. just a bit more fleshed out. The previous version was pretty unrefined.

I mean the west two towers look more or less unchanged and the east tower looks similar minus that new red lower portion, and the top extruding box being a bit more restrained.

5822-128165.jpeg

These are placement renderings, this will probably be sold off to different developer same as YSL was and designs will still change, the city approved the density and heights.

I agree. Is it also possible from those images that they are somewhat placeholders? I mean we don't have the site plan drawings yet do we? Also, could this not be flipped to a different developer, or would Kingsett build this as rentals on their own? I should have asked Jon Love in the seminar he threw the other day. Doubt he would have answered, but never hurts to try.

I’m thinking specifically of the overhanging sun reflecting thing that was in the first version, which to be fair I think they removed in the second version.

also, this latest version still looks very similar to the last one.. just a bit more fleshed out. The previous version was pretty unrefined.

I mean the west two towers look more or less unchanged and the east tower looks similar minus that new red lower portion, and the top extruding box being a bit more restrained.

5822-128165.jpeg

The architectural heliostat is possible engineering that has been used before, and in a much sunnier place (Sydney, Australia) that needs it less. I don't know why the attitude of accepting not having nice things as opposed to asking and expecting more.
1590767425466.png

Pretty bland, and I feel that the square will be somewhat underutilized unfortunately (in all honestly, this is the quieter side of Yorkville)- I wonder if there was any merit in possibly shifting the square so that it fronted Yonge Street?

The architectural heliostat is possible engineering that has been used before, and in a much sunnier place (Sydney, Australia) that needs it less. I don't know why the attitude of accepting not having nice things as opposed to asking and expecting more.

TBH, Sydney has fairly mild weather- I wonder how something like that would fare in a freeze-thaw, snowy climate.

I said it before and say it again, kingsett doesnot have the ?? to build this. Even if they torontofied the towers further and made them look like cheap Concord ? they wont be able to build this on their own

Kingsett has bought up most of downtown Yonge in recent years. They most certainly have the bombs/baseballs to do this if they wanted. i agree with @insertnamehere the income stream makes me think they would build this where they would normally flip to a condo builder. I'm also curious, with Cresford out, who will become their go to developer for other land holdings?

At least a good chunk of this is rental iirc.

Back