There seems to be a lot of balconies added to the bloor/yonge tower, especially on the lower half. Perhaps this is a proposal to convert it to condos.

I'd love to see this happen! That's a pretty massive base building. I wonder what they're going to do with it. I suppose it could be office space, or a high-end mall.

I hope that 2 Bloor East won't get converted to condos, though. It doesn't look like it has the balconies for that in the rendering.

I see that 2BW has only 2 vacant floors. 2BE has 5 vacant floors, still not very much. What a change in the office market from only a few years ago!

I wonder what they're going to do with it. I suppose it could be office space, or a high-end mall.
Considering that Holt Renfrew is slowly eating up the Holt Renfrew Centre, maybe the mall can be extended to include the Cumberland Terrace development?

oh and i decided to take a look at Oxford's website to see if they had anything regarding any possible redevelopment of Cumberland... nothing... but something interesting under the Building Facts of the 2 Bloor West tower:

Safety
Fire Detection System: YES
Sprinkler System: NO
Manned Security: YES
Security Systems: Electronic passcard supplementing manned security.

I'm surprised a building that large doesn't have a sprinkler system.. but it does help our demolition plans.

Cumberland Terrace

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but the redevelopment of Cumberland Terrace was being discussed in the four seasons thread and then I stumbled upon this link.

It's under "urban design" on their site so this may be just an idea they're throwing out there, but it's interesting none the less.

http://www.tfai.com/cumberlandTerrace.asp

From Turner Fleischer Architects

CumberlandTerraceNew.jpg

I think that is an old proposal...

Turner Fleischer Architects are horrible... just look at the other projects on their webpage. they were behind the Regency... and we all LOVE that one.

while the stacking plan of their proposal looks appropriate the rendering looks dreadful. it also looks dated, so perhaps it is an older/stale proposal.

I remember an older proposal with a moat around the existing mall. (At least facing the Cumberland side of the property: where the skylights in the lower floor of the mall are today.)

Back