The yard looks to be missing a cover?, otherwise what's the point of those columns and beams? Definitely not the same as their pic with hanging lights and steps.

The yard looks to be missing a cover?, otherwise what's the point of those columns and beams? Definitely not the same as their pic with hanging lights and steps.
My theory is they ran out of money - which would explain the frightfully ugly 'crowns" too. A very unfortunate 'fail" in my opinion.

Some kind of cable system going up over the yard

2AA53790-7BEC-408A-A55C-C54E9FBF4A9E.jpeg
75BA1793-065A-4107-8639-1DB3882E2321.jpeg

Is there any sort of planting programme for the yard?

Needs something to soften the lines atm.

Last edited:
Looks like no cover, but they will hang lights like in the brochure pictures a few posts back.
I sure hope they do because then I'm going to really want to hang out in that 'yard'!
That's going to be some kind of hangoutable 'yard'!
For the eternal darkness crowd.

This thread doesn't need yet another comment slagging these "new brutalism" pos towers, but my long-winded fanboy waterfront post in the Aqualuna thread requires me to do so.

Blow these up. I'll source the TNT.

The good news is the southern mid-rises here turned out good (and mitigate the waterfront views at grade), so at least we won't lose those tourist dollars as honeymooners from Des Moines wander their way east towards (wait for it)... Aqualuna.

I could live with the tridel offerings...but this IMO kills the area. It's THAT bad. Think I'd have a much more positive opinion of the waterfront if this mess didn't exist.

Back