I think ultimately that there are better places to put the data center. This area of the city is growing and it doesn’t make sense to have an building not meant for people or retail along front street, especially considering how close to a subway stop it is.

the city and province should really be thinking about how to make the pedestrian experience here, essentially between Jarvis and Cherry, a lot better because of how much development will happen over the next 10 years. In that context, this land is better used as housing or offices than a data center.

Thanks goodness this has been 86'd--the city really dodged a bullet here.. Frankly, I can't imagine a less appropriate use for this site--might as well have been an 8 story parking garage or a transformer station. Now something truly urban and decent can be integrated with the forthcoming subway stop.

There are maps of the internet out there… and while infrapedia below shows lines, it doesn't provide enough info to differentiate them… Anyone know where one can identify the largest trunk lines?

MapOfTheInternet.jpg

Just noticed that Downtown Chrysler has been posting on social media about moving to Don Roadway sometime soon. Which begs the question- is the former data centre site about to get bigger?

Just noticed that Downtown Chrysler has been posting on social media about moving to Don Roadway sometime soon. Which begs the question- is the former data centre site about to get bigger?
I would say that the second phase of the data centre is toast as the government REALLY wants to add more people around the new Corktown (or First Parliament) Ontario Line station. The Downtown Chrysler site actually belongs to the Ontario government so I REALLY doubt it will be anything but condos (maybe with an office component.

Walking by today I noticed that they took down all fencing around the site that’s been there for years. It’s just an open field now. Not sure if that means anything at all, just what I saw.

There is a white tent up on the Berkeley St site, just south of Front, passed by it today and asked if they had found anything interesting, workman said they found rail car turntable metres below ground. Found a ring on Berkeley as I was leaving, covered in dirt, possibly from the site? So interesting!

Back