The cantilevered part really makes this one special. The whole design is sophisticated but quite playful. It seems like they went with deconstructivist design language for the exterior, which is quite cool and unexpected. The white facade looks like an old building that has been modified numerous times and also appears "tacked on" to a red brick building in a curious way when seen from the west.

The cantilevered part looks like a different building altogether. I definitely didn't expect this design from Diamond and Schmitt. I'm really looking forward to the project's completion.

Oct 4, 2020

20201004_115426.jpg
20201004_115453.jpg
20201004_115552.jpg
20201004_115619.jpg

I like the brick detailing and mismatched windows are fun, but I'm not sure about the rooftop module- but perhaps it looks better in person.

From that angle it looks like a miniature factory has sprung out from that building...

Quite like the façade of the new extension although I'm thinking the it might have worked better with some actual arched windows included- as seen on the original. Still not sold on the shiny shipping container up top. Really curious how it looks inside.

Back