Fwiw, there's an "LCBO opening soon" sign on the exterior wall for what appears to be the unit beside the Beer Store (the outside units on the northern most portion of the mall).

Fwiw, there's an "LCBO opening soon" sign on the exterior wall for what appears to be the unit beside the Beer Store (the outside units on the northern most portion of the mall).

Because the LCBO at Galleria will be closing, and this was the only space at Dufferin Mall that was a logical spot. I kinda wish they could have opened inside the mall though.

OPA and rezoning submitted on July 8, no docs available yet.

The application consists of 4 buildings: 14, 23, 35 and 39 storeys:

Interesting -- from the planning rationale:
While certain malls have struggled to remain relevant and competitive in the context of a changing retail landscape, other malls - including Dufferin Mall - have continued to perform strongly. In fact, in recent years, Dufferin Mall has continued to improve its performance through renovations and expansions. The mall currently has no retail vacancy and draws more than 10 million visitors each year.

Given the ongoing success of Dufferin Mall, the remainder of the mall site will continue to exist in its current form for at least the next generation. In fact, many of the mall’s major tenants have long term leases and no-build zones that would prevent significant changes for the next 25+ years.
I just hope a future phase redevelops the Dufferin frontage on the southern half of the site.

Some larger resolution sizes of the above renderings found on Quadrangle's website:

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on January 8, 2020
TE12.21
ACTION​
Ward: 9​
900 Dufferin Street - Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Amendment Application - Preliminary Report

....900 Dufferin Street – Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Amendment Application – Preliminary Report Date: December 11, 2019 To: Toronto and East York Community Council From: Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District Ward 9 - Davenport Planning Application Number: 19 184841 STE 09 OZ

The applicant is currently in discussions with the owners of the development site to the north (1141 Bloor Street West and 980 Dufferin Street) to secure a pedestrian connection to the Dufferin Subway Station at the P1 level of the parking garage.
Cool!

Primaris you actually listened! This would be in the best interest for both parties as the amount of pedestrian traffic flowing here would be substantial.

Request for Direction report to the next TEYCC meeting on July 16th.

Staff have multiple concerns including the failure by the applicant to show a long-term plan for mall redevelopment such as that the street grid and public space plan can reflect ultimate build-out.

Punching streets through this massive site in long term development is certainly crucial to develop a nice urban grid akin to the immediate surroundings.

Is that absolutely necessary at this point though? Can't that be achieved later? Both east-west Chesley and Cobourg avenues can be extended east to Dufferin in the future, and neither of those would be dependent on what's happening to the north. I assume another north-south road would come to the site too—a further extension of Russett Ave no doubt—and that is not precluded by what's on the table now.

Is that absolutely necessary at this point though? Can't that be achieved later? Both east-west Chesley and Cobourg avenues can be extended east to Dufferin in the future, and neither of those would be dependent on what's happening to the north. I assume another north-south road would come to the site too—a further extension of Russett Ave no doubt—and that is not precluded by what's on the table now.

I agree - this application only concerns development on the northern parking lot, so I'm not sure why they're concerned about the rest of the mall at this point in time.

Back