Dare I say it: this tower might just turn out decent. The extra skin/cladding is true to the rendering and will definitely make this a unique building. If the ground level turns out decent (and they avoid the cheapening), we may just have a winner here.

Dare I say it: this tower might just turn out decent. The extra skin/cladding is true to the rendering and will definitely make this a unique building. If the ground level turns out decent (and they avoid the cheapening), we may just have a winner here.

It will be unique - and if you're correct, probably better than much of the other crap that gets built ... I just wish it didn't have to be a gray screen... why couldn't it have been a bronze or something with a hint of colour? As of now it's likely going to contribute to the overall dreariness of this city's large-scale architecture. Just my opinion. Hoping for the best.

It will be unique - and if you're correct, probably better than much of the other crap that gets built ... I just wish it didn't have to be a gray screen... why couldn't it have been a bronze or something with a hint of colour? As of now it's likely going to contribute to the overall dreariness of this city's large-scale architecture. Just my opinion. Hoping for the best.
We might be getting a bronze-ish colour across the street, on the southeast corner of Yonge and Eglinton, no?

hmmm. I'm not sure I agree with you folks yet on this. The balcony cladding is very interesting I give it that, but it (from the limited amount seen in the above photos) reads as grey and not super contrasting. I hope with more of it, it will be more contrasting.
I am a big fan of red so maybe when that happens I'll get on board.

Hi!

I'm a very new member to urbantoronto and also a first time home buyer, please forgive me if I'm asking this question in the wrong thread.

As E condo is coming along nicely, I was wondering if anyone knows of a forum or group discussion of home owners of E condo? (If this is it even better!) I've recently gone to choose my interiors and I'm happy to share my experience! It would be great to start to get to know the people who will be living in the building, and I would love to get to know the community.

Lastly thank you to everyone who's been posting all these pictures of the development. It's very exciting!

Good idea !
Hi we haven't been to the appointments yet and would love to hear about your experience / advice / tips for the choices

Hi!

I'm a very new member to urbantoronto and also a first time home buyer, please forgive me if I'm asking this question in the wrong thread.

As E condo is coming along nicely, I was wondering if anyone knows of a forum or group discussion of home owners of E condo? (If this is it even better!) I've recently gone to choose my interiors and I'm happy to share my experience! It would be great to start to get to know the people who will be living in the building, and I would love to get to know the community.

Lastly thank you to everyone who's been posting all these pictures of the development. It's very exciting!

Good idea !
Hi we haven't been to the appointments yet and would love to hear about your experience / advice / tips for the choices

Go to the Real Estate threads on Urban Toronto. They are usually pretty active with people sharing their experiences as they relate to unit finishes, PDI's, and other owner related convos.

Here's the link:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/e-condos-bazis-metropia-riocan-real-estate.18792/

What's Rio Can going to do to the public square at the northwest corner?

I grew up at Yonge and Eglinton and lived and worked there for 35 years. I think the building will fit in fine.

Curious how much a parking spot will cost in that building though. I hear they are quite expensive in the Minto buildings (anyone know how much?) There is almost zero parking at Yonge and Eg.

I will post it on the real estate thread! :)

Rio Can is filling at least 3/4 of the space with a new retail extension.

As for Bazis... I dunno if they'll be able to top Minto in terms of a quality building.
Thanks!

According to PI CO's website, they will be setting up a new pizza joint at 8 Eglinton E in 2019

http://www.pi-co.ca/

Don't know what will happen to the one they are just about to open at Minto South Tower.

Sorry for the blurriness but here's one from Sunday morning (the rental tower):

67VyJGL.jpg

Back