Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I stand corrected! So to generalcanada's point, it would certainly make sense for a school in the immediate area.

I know it was on the City's ask list; I'm not sure if it's in the MZO or the agreement w/the City.

Lenser

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Guess time will tell. All the incoming development along Eastern, from this site all the way over to Coxwell, certainly increases the pressure on existing schools.

HousingNowTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
is there a school planned in the community? there should be one in there
TDSB has a site on the other side of the Don River, they are building a new stand-alone Elementary School in the West Don Lands... assuming the Province funds it...

PDF - https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Portals/0/do...orities2021/9 - West Donlands Final_May21.pdf

1655956067885.png

cd concept

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lot of nice landscaped parkette areas between office towers! East Harbour is going to look beautiful when finished as seen in the photos up above !

urbanexplorer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lot of nice landscaped parkette areas between office towers! East Harbour is going to look beautiful when finished as seen in the photos up above !
I don't know. Without some low-rise buildings hosting interesting retail and F&B options, I don't see this area being a draw for anyone other than workers on their lunch breaks. The monolithic glass podiums of these buildings really are an impediment to an exciting and animated streetascape IMO. I hope I'm wrong though.

HousingNowTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
comparisons on best TOC community based on plans?
VMC or East Harbour?
East Harbour is an actual ToC - multiple rail-transit lines meet there. GO RER, Ontario Line, Broadview streetcar - and it is surrounded by enough other opportunities (eg. Portlands, Villiers, West Don Lands, Leslieville) to be a real HUB, in addition to being very close via Transit (10-15 min) to existing National Business-hubs on Bay Street & South Core.

In comparison, Vaughan Metropolitan Centre (VMC) is a Subway terminus and a Bus-Lane, next to a bunch of Highway infrastructure... at best in 20 years - VMC is a suburban equivalent of Yonge & Sheppard.

1655996626949.png

Lenser

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I don't know. Without some low-rise buildings hosting interesting retail and F&B options, I don't see this area being a draw for anyone other than workers on their lunch breaks. The monolithic glass podiums of these buildings really are an impediment to an exciting and animated streetascape IMO. I hope I'm wrong though.
Agreed, but if as this is a mixture of office and residential, it won't just be workers who live elsewhere; there will be a contingent of folks who have at least some sort of stake in living there. And yet... the massing as it's proposed is daunting; not a lot of meaningful variation.