7F2A445B-C2D8-4C48-B11F-8AA777261C5C.jpeg

Aug 10
@interchange42: T1 tower crane is coming down on Thursday as the crane is setup to remove it now.

Aug 7th
DJI_0322.JPG

I'm hoping to shoot the crane removal today so long as my little one cooperates and the winds are ok. Right now they are right at the limit.

Michael Brothers took almost 2 years excavating the first tower. Is this incompetence going to take as long for the third one?

I don’t think it’s MB’s fault. There were cases where it took them less than 6 months for full site excavation. I think the pace of the excavation for the first tower is due to the developer not wanting to rush it. They used a single excavator for most of the dig.

Michael Brothers took almost 2 years excavating the first tower. Is this incompetence going to take as long for the third one?

They take as long as they're paid to take.

Some developers will self-finance a slow excavation, so they can sell the project as under construction, but still need real financing in order to begin construction.

Boring but unoffensive is how I'd describe this one. Certainly a lot nicer than a lot of what is in Mississauga right now (to be clear boring isn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes simplicity is better)

Cooksville GO.png

Edge.png

Artwork for the park, installation expected for fall 2023: https://www.mississauga.ca/projects-and-strategies/city-projects/park-535-public-art/
RAYYAN: A COSMIC BLOOM is a dynamic gateway sculpture that explores the symbolic connections the community can share and exchange with the cosmos through the language of sacred geometry. The art piece offers a cultural exchange through the incorporation of Islamic architectural design elements and Afrofuturistic concepts represented through West African Akan adinkra symbols. Rayyan is a layered public art experience designed for people from all walks of life as it revisits traditional principles of the cosmos through contemporary innovations in technology.
R3-EAST-DUSK-CLOSE-UP-DAY.jpg
R4-CLOSE-UP.jpg

Considering the size and position of other things, those "people" in the back in the last picture must be one foot tall.

Back