On the bright side, at least this PoS blocks out views of a much more elegantly designed building to the north.

Really? So much negativity? I saw this and thought, best P&S design ever! This is a good start I think.

Really? So much negativity? I saw this and thought, best P&S design ever! This is a good start I think.

Agreed, I think it looks great too it's almost like office tower. Imo its just P+S hate, it might not be to everyone's tastes but there's nothing that's really offensive about it based off those renders.

I agree. If the cheaping™ doens't happen here, this will turn out pretty good. Plus, condo without balconies? Yes please.

Agreed, I think it looks great too it's almost like office tower.

My first thoughts too. Finally a condo with no balconies and what looks like a decent curtainwall (no spandrel overload). The abstract pattern on the facade perhaps is not to everyones taste, but at least they put setbacks at the top.

It's really tragic how 1 Yorkville's south views have been eliminated overnight. Also interesting how these two buildings will have similar profiles and be in such close proximity to each other. It's like X Condo and Couture all over again :p

This stretch of Yonge is also going to have an amazing street wall on the one side. Great height lined up tightly, slammed right next to the street

Last edited:
The repeating pattern is too basic. The crown too simple. You have a tower that desperately wants to be seen but, lacks the sophistication to do it with class. It just looks cheap in an area that is developing some quality builds.

The repeating pattern is too basic. The crown too simple. You have a tower that desperately wants to be seen but, lacks the sophistication to do it with class. It just looks cheap in an area that is developing some quality builds.

The only thing this building "wants to do" is make a lot of money for the people at Phantom Developments.

That's IT.

The rendering shows what is essentially the most cynical looking PoS design we've seen to date.

Sorry if that gives some people on here a big sad... I know there are many forum members who will defend blandness, mediocrity, and sterility with every fiber of their being.

The repeating pattern is too basic.

If I recall correctly, that was a criticism some had for RCMI. A tower that is almost universally praised now.

lacks the sophistication to do it with class. It just looks cheap in an area that is developing some quality builds.

I find that to be a bizarre thing to say considering the clean lines, even portions and use of higher quality materials here(the curtain wall). That doesn't scream cheap to me and while its certainly no One Bloor I hardly see how it could lower the general standard of the architecture in the vicinity.

Back