new spandrel? Is it a new market product, or just something that developer's haven't bothered to pay for before?
It's always interesting to read posters' readiness to spend other people's money to satisfy their aesthetic standards. Imagine if we imposed the same process to clothing? Hey Bosley, don't come to work unless you wear an Armani tie.

It's always interesting to read posters' readiness to spend other people's money to satisfy their aesthetic standards. Imagine if we imposed the same process to clothing? Hey Bosley, don't come to work unless you wear an Armani tie.

It's always interesting to watch developer shills use misguided metaphors to dispute other forumers' commentary.

Better late than never

September 29, 2021:

IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2071.jpg

Just a few, taken October 8th, 2021: (from Yonge + Bloor, n/e corner)

1633728447565.png

Now a couple of progressively closer shots, looking at the glazing:

1633728566001.png

1633728582989.png

We'll finish, with one from Balmuto:

1633728618146.png

I wonder if that's an atypical floor, or if that's the typical treatment. The renderings were suggesting Juliette balconies on the south face, the whole way up, but I don't see operable doors there (unless they went to lengths to really blend them into the wall), and the vent placements suggest there's not going to be perforated panels or anything else being added to the exterior.

I'd agree with you if people were lambasting developers for not employing curtainwall systems, but that's usually not the case.

I doubt this window wall is significantly more expensive than the standard fare. I think developers tend to think the standard fare is an acceptable and safe option, because everyone else is slapping it up.

Back