IMG_6905.JPG

It looks like the glaze from this building's window's are very reflective! Which I think will make this building pop out from a distance as seen in the photo up above.

Interesting to see the For Sale/Sold signs on the heritage properties. I'd have thought they'd have been leased. In a city with condo fees getting close to rental prices, would it be too much to ask that a condo corporation own attached commercial properties like this and subsidize maintenance costs for the building with the revenue? Or is that too "communist"?

I am liking the horizontal lines on this building to contrast the verticality of 1 Yorkville.

Interesting to see the For Sale/Sold signs on the heritage properties. I'd have thought they'd have been leased. In a city with condo fees getting close to rental prices, would it be too much to ask that a condo corporation own attached commercial properties like this and subsidize maintenance costs for the building with the revenue? Or is that too "communist"?
Cost sharing agreements are part of every draft plan application. Costs are split up between owners of the units, owners of the retail and owners of any other commercial facility (office space, parking operations, etc.).

🐘 in the room.

Since this looks absolutely nothing like the renderings or Great Gulf’s project description: “ribbons of gleaming steel and luminous glass create a stunning façade”… I’m wondering if the gleaming steel will tacked on at some future date ;-).

I looked around for a rendering that remotely resembled what has been built so far, and only found this one from First Gulf:

NORM-LI_180411_EXT_Hero_03.jpg

Link
Great Gulf render from the database: https://cdn.skyrisecities.com/sites/default/files/images/projects/15185/15185-63958.jpg

Cost sharing agreements are part of every draft plan application. Costs are split up between owners of the units, owners of the retail and owners of any other commercial facility (office space, parking operations, etc.).
Yes, but that's because they're all owners. I'm talking about is the only owners of the property being those who live there, and commercial properties leased off by the condo corporation as revenue to go towards maintenance.

A condo is welcome to purchase any property it wants, as long as the corporate charter allows it. Not too many folks want to take that responsibility on, which is why we see either the developer retain the units or sell them off to a third party.

Back