Finally ... website is launched with more details on the project ~

http://www.icentrium.ca/

Looks like Liberty Development Corporation is a partner with Centrust evelopment in this project ~

What a disappointment. It look likes the retail fronting Yonge St. will be more of those awful shoe box sized store fronts that Tridel brought to the north. The best main streets in the city - Beaches, Greektown, Leaside, etc have wider store fronts. Why doesn't the city learn from these proven models? Why does the city allow this?

What a disappointment. It look likes the retail fronting Yonge St. will be more of those awful shoe box sized store fronts that Tridel brought to the north. The best main streets in the city - Beaches, Greektown, Leaside, etc have wider store fronts. Why doesn't the city learn from these proven models? Why does the city allow this?

Note the previous quote as a hint

Most of their signage is in what I assume is Korean. I guess they are targetting that specific market.

It would be nice if this project didn't sound like an acid reflux medication. ;)

It reminds me of some of the condo projects in Calgary-- its colours and overall design.

Scaled Model

Visited the sales office yesterday, the model suite is still under construction~

Northeast + Northwest + Southwest + Southeast Elevations
Click to Enlarge

Roof Terrace

they're open to public now? did they mention when the Agreement of Purchase and Sale will be ready for signing?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they are "open open" yet, maybe just intended for agents but I happened to have walked in ~ the sales office was still partly under construction ... I didn't talk to their sales rep, but I'm sure the builder will call once your APS is ready~

There is a picture framing shop just North of the site and it's closing down. I asked them if it was because of the Centrium and they said yes, but since they started their close out sale their lease has been extended until March 2011.

Did anyone receive an invitation about the Hilton Hotel project? $290k per unit, 6% annual return.

There is a picture framing shop just North of the site and it's closing down. I asked them if it was because of the Centrium and they said yes, but since they started their close out sale their lease has been extended until March 2011.

I work across from there, and that store has been in a "closing sale" for the past year. lol

On another note, I spoke with a sales agent last November and he said they were more than 70% sold and construction was to begin in February. TAKE THAT FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH...which is likely not much, since its from a sales person, and they seem to lie often in my experiences.

I work across from there, and that store has been in a "closing sale" for the past year. lol

On another note, I spoke with a sales agent last November and he said they were more than 70% sold and construction was to begin in February. TAKE THAT FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH...which is likely not much, since its from a sales person, and they seem to lie often in my experiences.

I was by the area today and only 4 business still there including the one that is closing now.

I would say off hand, construction could get underway by June.

February 15 2011 update

Previous photo that I forgot about ... the site as it exists:

IMG_5247.jpg

May 08
The paint store has moved and only those 3 stores on the corner exist today. Lets see if they are still there come June.

The last day for the 2 remaining business is June 19.

The odd thing is, there is a for lease sign sitting in front of the sales office.

All the stores including Ferg's are now closed. They are fenced off and have Centrium signs posted all along the street. I would think demolition should start soon.

Back