Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting development between FWD and Newton (corner of Fort York Blvd and Queens Wharf):
"Exchange is a place where everything connects: you to the city, the city to home, home to the good life. Here work and pleasure, amenities and nature, serenity and adventure all come together. Centred in a cohesive neighbourhood of 84 boutique residences on the waterfront in downtown Toronto."

http://www.exchangecondos.ca

Exchange.JPG

Exchangelocation.JPG

Attachments

• Exchange.JPG
    Exchange.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Exchangelocation.JPG
    Exchangelocation.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 808
The Newton/Forward/Exchange block is a nice improvement over Spectra and Quartz. Exchange's massing and scale is nice. Unfortunately the exposed concrete displaying varying hues from different pours is not as nice. Too bad they didn't do the staggered panel design as depicted in the renders. I hope the concrete is covered up, or at least painted a uniform colour, but it looks rather finished to me.

The darker greys of this trio of buildings looks more sophisticated than their other buildings. Concord can't escape the massive use of spandrel, but at least here the spandrel colours seem to complement the window wall rather try to pretend it's a real solid wall. Looks like Concord has taken a lesson from Pinnacle on Adelaide.
I don't mind the slight variation of the precast concrete panels, it makes it look more natural and less sterile. It's nice that it's not resorting to some thoughtless token accents of colour to make it look almost interesting, like across the street.

Back