1.jpg

With the wideness of Burnamthorphe and tall buildings planned all around it. When it's fully built out, it will look like Amini version of Dubai's Shaikh Zayed Road.

Attachments

• 180611101746PCXP.jpg
    180611101746PCXP.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 658
Last edited by a moderator:
With the wideness of Burnamthorphe and tall buildings planned all around it. When it's fully built out, it will look like Amini version of Dubai's Shaikh Zayed Road.
Burnhamthorpe is not nearly that bad with its 6+ lanes as the pic above where you can count 14 lanes plus high physical barriers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should give you an idea of how driving on the 403 by MCC will be like though. At least on one side.

I know that my comment is a little out of touch, but I want to express my opinion about the project. To be direct, I don't like the style and the architecture of these towers that will pop up in Mississauga 's skyline. There's no harmony at all in the disposition of the rectangle of balconies and the colors. We pass to black to white and white to black without any harmony. It will as hideous as Vita on the Lake and will disfigure Mississauga' s skyline. These skyscrapers will be a shame to the beautiful and elegant M City towers. I hope the project will have a better design or canceled by the economic crisis. My only consolation is that these eyesore will not disfigure the Toronto skyline.

As MCC intensifies and builds higher order PT it's my hope that most of these highways masquerading as city streets will get drastically narrowed, the pedestrian zone widened, and the public realm upgraded to a point where people will actually want to be there. High rises/density alone do not make a city impressive. It's all for nought if the experience at grade is under whelming.

Here are a few of links of interest.

Burnhamthorpe Water Project: https://www.peelregion.ca/pw/construction/miss/bwp.htm

Pedestrian Master Plan: https://www.mississauga.ca/city-of-...eedback-for-its-first-pedestrian-master-plan/

City working to make Mississauga more accessible for pedestrians
by Matt Dionne on October 2, 2020

As much as I'd wish for the city to narrow these miniature highways, (Eglinton, Dundas, Burnamthorpe, Brittania...mostly Burnamthorpe) I don't see it happening. It can be done, but it seems exceedingly ifficult given the current infrastructure.

What's with all the new grass along Burnhamthorpe? I thought the tower-in-the-park thing was passe.

Possibly streetscape improvements as part of the project. Someone who's better informed on this project can correct if I'm wrong. In any case, it's much a smaller area than typical tower in the park parcels.

Back