I dont believe this was discussed however the renderings depict a grocery store at the base of the complex. They depict the newly renovated Loblaws look with the black subway tiles and distinct department fonts seen in stores such as the Bathurst/Lake Shore store or MLG store.

Interesting to see if Loblaw will indeed occupy this space.
I hope so.
1606526921759.png

A Loblaws would make sense as they don't have a store all that close. That said, I think the rendering is just a generic grocery store and I wouldn't read much into it any particular chain.

A Loblaws would make sense as they don't have a store all that close. That said, I think the rendering is just a generic grocery store and I wouldn't read much into it any particular chain.
I hope they shoot for a Loblaw here as well. I believe the renderings clearly depict a Loblaw without naming it outright, just look at the similarities.
You're likely correct in that all we can expect is a grocery store of some sort occupying this site; regardless of the chain.
Loblaw Bakery.jpg
Loblaws Produce.jpg

The person making these creatives might have copied it from Loblaws instead of creating something from scratch.

There are 2 so call Loblaws stores in the area with Wholefood on Confederation and Real Canadian at Mavis and Dundas.

Don't be surprise to find Farm Boy here.

The area needs more grocery stores, but Loblaws and Farm Boy not on my list of places to shop for food.

There are 2 so call Loblaws stores in the area with Wholefood on Confederation and Real Canadian at Mavis and Dundas.

Don't be surprise to find Farm Boy here.

The area needs more grocery stores, but Loblaws and Farm Boy not on my list of places to shop for food.
Whole foods is not Loblaws--it's Amazon now. Maybe you mean the Wholesale Club? Not really aimed at the condo crowd--it's more for food service (restaurant) customers. The Superstore at Mavis & Dundas isn't very close. Also doesn't appeal to a condo market like a Loblaws would. Farm Boy could be an option here too--Sobeys doesn't have a store nearby either. Metro has a store not too far either. So, I think a Loblaws or Farm Boy are probably the likeliest options.

Is this project being built in phases or are all four towers going to go up at the same time?

It'll probably be a combination of both. If I had to guess, they will most likely build the entire substructure and podium first, build EX1 and EX2 together, and then wait for the remaining 2 towers to sell before they continue building them.

It'll probably be a combination of both. If I had to guess, they will most likely build the entire substructure and podium first, build EX1 and EX2 together, and then wait for the remaining 2 towers to sell before they continue building them.
I agree. I believe the smallest structure is going to be a hotel/office building.

Back