This is ridiculous.... just a list of some of the top international architects with active projects in Toronto right now:

• Frank Gehry
  • Foster + Partners
  • Bjarke Ingels Group: BIG
  • Studio Gang
  • COBE Architects
  • WilkinsonEyre
  • Moshe Safdie
  • Kohn Pedersen Fox
  • Daniel Libeskind
  • Saucier + Perrote
  • Rogers Stirk Harbour (RSH)
  • Henriquez Partners
If anything - Toronto is really having a moment right now in terms of architectural global talent... there are very very few cities on the entire planet right now with this type of talent working right here, right now... and you are comparing that to what is happening in a suburb (yes the buildings are tall... but I'm talking about top global architectural talent).

Cry me a River, and you can stop crying when you see any building in Toronto more aesthetic architecturally than Absolute, M3 and the Exchange Towers actually built. 1 Bloor East looks promising but we all have to wait to see the end product.

Cry me a River, and you can stop crying when you see any building in Toronto more aesthetic architecturally than Absolute, M3 and the Exchange Towers actually built. 1 Bloor East looks promising but we all have to wait to see the end product.

Other then Absolute, which was well executed, everything else you have said is pure nonsense - but if mid-range IBI designed towers between a mall & 8-lane suburban thoroughfare are what get you excited so be it.

This is ridiculous.... just a list of some of the top international architects with active projects in Toronto right now:

• Frank Gehry
  • Foster + Partners
  • Bjarke Ingels Group: BIG
  • Studio Gang
  • COBE Architects
  • WilkinsonEyre
  • Moshe Safdie
  • Kohn Pedersen Fox
  • Daniel Libeskind
  • Saucier + Perrote
  • Rogers Stirk Harbour (RSH)
  • Henriquez Partners
If anything - Toronto is really having a moment right now in terms of architectural global talent... there are very very few cities on the entire planet right now with this type of talent working right here, right now... and you are comparing that to what is happening in a suburb (yes the buildings are tall... but I'm talking about top global architectural talent).

Don't forget Renzo Piano for the new courthouse and Patkau for the Academic Wood Tower :)

Last edited:
DJI_0136.JPG

Holy moly, who owns that land?, i can see in 20 years it being Mississauga's downtown core with an Eatons Centre type of mall, mixed in with office towers and residential supertalls..haha :)
Oxford owns most of it - and they are finally working on developing it. A lot of the work lately with the latest mall expansions has been setting up the street grid in advance of their first high density applications..

Back