My sister has a grand piano in her condo. I have no idea how they got that thing in there but it is possible.

Hmmm. Your post got me interested in the mechanics of piano moving. As it happens, my sister also has a baby grand in her condo. She inherited it from our late mother so it has been through a series of moves, mostly involving condos. A baby grand requires careful handling by movers who know what they are doing but I am told it is quite manageable. Unscrew the legs and turn it on its end or side and there you go.

But, of course, there are larger versions so I checked out their dimensions. Here is a chart:

Where does your sister’s instrument fit on the scale?

All grands are more or less the same width, apparently, about 5 feet, but increase in length until you reach the concert grand which is about 9 feet long or more. I am quite sure that a concert grand would not fit in the elevator in our building. But I think some of the smaller sizes would fit and a baby grand would not be a problem.

I hope somebody knowledgeable on moving pianos picks up this thread

I'm not sure. It looks like a decent size but it is in a big room so it is hard to tell. Beautiful instrument with a phenomenal sound.

EX - 1.jpg
EX - 2.jpg

Found a bunch of photos of this project on a different memory card that I missed and didn't post: :rolleyes:

Nov 7th

DJI_0375.JPG

DJI_0371.JPG

DJI_0376.JPG
DJI_0369.JPG

The 4th tower, EXS (no hat) is about to launch.

exs1-768x451.jpg

From the homepage of the Exchange District website:
Exchange Signature Residences is the fourth and final tower at Exchange District and the last opportunity for elite living in downtown Mississauga. Enjoy sophisticated finishes in this best-in-class location, built by a trusted developer, while surrounded by a world of urban amenities at your door.

• On-site boutique hotel
  • Signature concierge services
  • Exclusive access to the Exchange Club with pool, rooftop terrace, basketball court, and party room
  • Vibrant outdoor urban piazza
  • Premium restaurants and cafés on-site including Edo Sushi and Atai Bistro
  • Adjacent to Square One Shopping Centre
Exchange Signature Residences is the final opportunity for elite living at Exchange District in downtown Mississauga.

I'm not sure I want to live in a development that markets itself as 'elite living'.
I don’t know. Every other townhouse development is marketed as “executive living.” I used to laugh at that. Now I just thinks it’s marketing. There’s fast food in the base. I don’t know how “elite” this really is.

"Last opportunity" for "elite living" in MCC? What about their other development with almost exactly the same name, directly across the street? Maybe they're planning "just okay living" in those towers.

eds-jpg.300950

"Last opportunity" for "elite living" in MCC? What about their other development with almost exactly the same name, directly across the street? Maybe they're planning "just okay living" in those towers.

eds-jpg.300950
You'll have to rub shoulders with the hoi polloi in the other towers. The horrors!

They should create a pedestrian bridge between both developments something similar to what Eaton Center and the Bay or CIBC Square and Union Station have. And try to make an underground path all the way to Square One.

They should create a pedestrian bridge between both developments something similar to what Eaton Center and the Bay or CIBC Square and Union Station have. And try to make an underground path all the way to Square One.
You want a pedestrian bridge to go over seven lanes of traffic? That’s an ambitious plan.

Back