News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Let's discuss the Toronto FC.

They are doing extremely well this year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Toronto_FC_season

They even made it to the 2016 edition of the MLS Cup and TFC will play against the Seattle Sounders FC at home in BMO Field, which will be the second time the stadium hosted the MLS Cup (the previous one was in 2010).

In the greatest 401 Derby yet, MLS-wise, Montreal beat TFC 3-2 in the Big O, then in BMO Field, TFC beat Montreal 5-2 after extra time.

I was at the game on Wednesday. Arguably, the craziest sporting event that I have ever been to. Will be at the MLS Cup game this upcoming Saturday.

Usually, I shave. Not this time though. I'm growing a playoff beard for TFC!

Yes, I grew a playoff beard for the Jays during their playoff run a few months ago.

Just a point about the OP - it's Toronto FC, TFC or The Reds - it's never "the" Toronto FC, "FC" or "the FC" as John Tory called them yesterday

So close...

yet so far!

Seattle Sounders FC won the MLS Cup.

To TFC: there's always a next year.

The Seattle Sounders goalkeeper, Frei, kept seven shots out during regulation and overtime. Toronto's Irwin had to stop zero shots on goal, during the same time. It was Frei would was the game winner for Seattle.

Then there was that strange bounce during the penalty shot phase.

Last edited:
Frei is their goalie.

Back