Looking at the photos up above. This should have been Vaughan's downtown core area. Being located between two highways and two major arterial roads. Creating a miniature central park style settings in the middle. With condo and office towers flanking around it. Buffering the park from traffic noise etc.
?

This is simply a southerly extension of Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, across Highway 7, so it is Vaughan's downtown core area, just more of it. The area is growing like mad suddenly because of the subway extension, bot because of the highways. The highways have been there for years, but it took good transit to arrive before people took this seriously as a place worth living it. All of this is pretty much equally close to the VMC station as is the area on the north side of 7.

?

This is simply a southerly extension of Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, across Highway 7, so it is Vaughan's downtown core area, just more of it. The area is growing like mad suddenly because of the subway extension, bot because of the highways. The highways have been there for years, but it took good transit to arrive before people took this seriously as a place worth living it. All of this is pretty much equally close to the VMC station as is the area on the north side of 7.

I understand everything you're saying clearly ! But it would aesthetically look better to have planned the city centre with a park and skyscrapers around it. In this location between the two highways and arterial roads . Then anchoring out to all locations surrounded by it in my opinion. That would visually put Vaughan on the map as a classy city to be in when you pass through it via 400 and 407.

It's not like the developments north of 7 are kilometres away, it's literally just across the street. I can assure you, you can see the transit condos from both the 407 and 400.

I understand everything you're saying clearly ! But it would aesthetically look better to have planned the city centre with a park and skyscrapers around it. In this location between the two highways and arterial roads . Then anchoring out to all locations surrounded by it in my opinion. That would visually put Vaughan on the map as a classy city to be in when you pass through it via 400 and 407.
…the VMC area north of 7 will be "a park with skyscrapers around it." That's the plan, and they've already started at the east end of it. And who cares about what it looks like from the highways? I don't want to stroll through a park where a main feature is highway noise coming from one side of the park. Nobody plans that way.

DJI_0097.JPG
DJI_0101.JPG

Sales office is ready but not yet open to the public (due to Covid I was told):

thumbnail_IMG_6789.jpg

The Sales Office is very slick/ complete with piped-in songbird calls throughout the parking area:

thumbnail_IMG_6790.jpg

Nevertheless, I managed to score you a few photos, including a couple of these nice models:
...as close as I could get, but building a rapport with the gate-keeper. ;)

thumbnail_IMG_6791.jpg

The broad scale plan for the area south of Hwy 7, from Hwy 400 to Jane:

thumbnail_IMG_6808 (2).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6810.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6809.jpg

Last edited:
Must have been a re-closure with the new restrictions. I've certainly seen people shopping around in there in the past.

what I find very interesting about the VMC is how much development lands are actually likely to become available in the coming years. like, especially if you include the vaughan mills centre and everything in-between. I can envision macmillian yards becoming a hub at some point also if that yard can be repositioned in 30 years.

concord, ontario never knew what hit it.

Back