That's never gonna fly in the downtown core. It's just going to get smaller and smaller, especially with the HST and when development fees start increasing again. Can you make a 3 bdrm under 800 sq ft?

given that 2 bedrooms can be made out of a 680 sq.ft. unit (I recently saw a plan) ... 800 sq.ft. for 3 bedrooms is entirely possible :rolleyes:

possible ... but not entirely liveable.

I was navie two years ago when i start to look for a "perfect" one bed room. As I describe to my agent, it should be a corner suite, around 900 sqf with square living room, open concept kitchen with sink, dish washer mounted in the island instead of along the wall.

After about 3 months futile hunting, I start to realize that kind of one bed room doesn't exit, unless you can afford 1 million dollar Ritz-Carlton type of luxury condo which I cannot.

1 bedroom as a corner unit is hard to find already by default ... with 900 sq.ft. and those specifications ... LOL of course its impossible

However, I have seen some very well laid out 1 bedroom corner units in several (not too many) GTA condos, maybe around the 750 sq.ft. size range

1 bedroom as a corner unit is hard to find already by default ... with 900 sq.ft. and those specifications ... LOL of course its impossible

However, I have seen some very well laid out 1 bedroom corner units in several (not too many) GTA condos, maybe around the 750 sq.ft. size range

Tell me which downtown condo has 1 bed room at corner. The only one I know is Uptown, around 800 sqt, asking $450,000 a year ago...kind of pricy, considering the view will be mostly blocked.

I was navie two years ago when i start to look for a "perfect" one bed room. As I describe to my agent, it should be a corner suite, around 900 sqf with square living room, open concept kitchen with sink, dish washer mounted in the island instead of along the wall.

After about 3 months futile hunting, I start to realize that kind of one bed room doesn't exit, unless you can afford 1 million dollar Ritz-Carlton type of luxury condo which I cannot.

well, the closest match I can think of is 25 esplanade. The pointy unit is 1273 sq ft (you can consider it corner), 1 bdrm, C shaped kitchen.

I quite like the Givenchy unit at Fly. Smaller than what you were looking for at 625 sq.ft. but it's a corner unit w/ square-ish living area. Simple yet functional.

900 SF 1 bedroom units rarely currently exist, but it can be 'found' if you're willing to remove a bedroom wall from a 2 bedroom unit.

And there are alot of 2 bed corner units.

I wouldn't say they don't exist. I've even seen one recently for $68,000. Just don't expect them in new downtown buildings or for an unreasonable price. (below 425K)

Tell me which downtown condo has 1 bed room at corner. The only one I know is Uptown, around 800 sqt, asking $450,000 a year ago...kind of pricy, considering the view will be mostly blocked.

the two I can think of off the top of my head is The Allegro at Opera Place @ 909 Bay Street standing 27 storeys tall (built in 2001) ... nice L-shaped southeast facing unit (about 750 sq.ft.) with balcony in the corner and bedroom at one end of the L .... if you're looking for a new building, I suggest a northwest facing unit @ Natilus at Waterview (although no lake view), being the Oceana 622 unit listed @ $300 K

sorry for going OT MODs ... I'll stop here

Site Plan Approval

Site Plan Approval filed for: August 17, 2009

It's not an unreasonable request, but most condo builds try to reduce costs and complexity as much as possible so they keep things like the water pipe lines, close to the walls, along the same axis.

Not corner units, but I've been in quite a few suites with layouts similar to what you are asking for. If you can forgo a square living room, but still plenty of space, there are corner units like that at the Met (yonge and carlton) and Matrix (first cityplace building) too, although not corner units because the buildings are round! :)

Didn't they sell 300 units on opening day? Shouldn't it be ready to go? Is it too late to start digging the hole?

Fly is a most definite go, when is anybodys guess.:).......I get this feeling that certain people on this forum dont understand that condo/office construction goes on 365 days a year and sometimes 24hrs a day.

Back