Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Phases 2+3 of Liberty's EKO development has been sold to H&W Developments ... the new owner is working to modify Liberty's previous plans for these lands and will introduce a new north/south street along the western edge of the park block between Clegg Rd and Cedarland Drive

Liberty's Original Masterplan
Click to Enlarge

Rezoning and Site Plan application has been submitted by H&W for the phase 2 lands (block adjacent to South Town Centre Blvd) encompassing 4 towers ... 2 towers will sit on top of a podium running parallel to South Town Centre Blvd with live-work units at grade, and the other 2 towers will sit on top of another podium running along the west edge of the park, these podiums should provide some substantial streetwalls :cool:

the 16 storey tower will be located on the northwest portion of the site, echoing the height of NOA2 across the street to the north ~

Town Planning Preliminary Report

This staff report from April 2009 provides some more info:

http://www.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/DocExtract2.asp?Document=pl090421-0011.htm&vpath=/markham/ccbs/indexfile/index/planning/pl090421-0011.htm

- increasing the maximum number of dwelling units from 623 to 663.
- adjustments to the maximum height and building setback provisions of the by-law.
- permission for “live/work†units. (two-storey “live/work units are proposed at the base of the buildings)
- an increase in the maximum permitted number of parking spaces from 796 to 808.

Concept Plan for the West Block
HW_sp.jpg

Town Planning Staff Recommendation Report

From Nov 9 2010, report recommending approval of 4 buildings with revised heights of 2x 16s + 12s + 10s, total 663 condo apartment units with a pretty substantial podium ~

http://www.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2010/Development%20Services/pl101102/H%20and%20W%20Development%20Corporation.htm

Figures (including Site Plan + Perspectives):

http://www.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2010/Development%20Services/pl101102/h%20and%20w%20development.PDF

good find JanneClaude ... I guess this project is happening soon then ? The word is Page & Steele are the architects here ~

A slightly clearer image I found on Google:
Fontana_Ad.jpg

Description:

Fontana Condominium presented by H & W Developments in the South West corner of Warden and HWY 7, Downtown Markham community. Fontana is going to have 4 middle rise towers with 663 units in total. Condos locate at West to South Town Centre Blvd, North to Clegg Road, East to Courtyard Lane and South to Cedarland Dr. On the East side of the complex, there will have 3 acres parkland for the neighbourhood.

Fontana features fabulous finishes, luxury amenities and 9 foot ceiling for every suite. Suites are ranging from approximately 580 sq. ft. to just over 1000 sq. ft. Podium Live-and –work units are in 1400 sq. ft. to 1800 sq. ft. Suite layouts include a selection of one bedroom, one bedroom-plus-den, two bedroom and two bedroom-plus-den configurations all designed to offer practical, efficient living layouts. Priced from the mid $200’s. Occupancy scheduled in Fall 2013.

Fontana Condominium presented by H & W Developments in the South West corner of Warden and HWY 7, Downtown Markham community. Fontana is going to have 4 middle rise towers with 663 units in total. Condos locate at West to South Town Centre Blvd, North to Clegg Road, East to Courtyard Lane and South to Cedarland Dr. On the East side of the complex, there will have 3 acres parkland for the neighbourhood.

I wish people would know what is/what is not part of a planned development (not you Solaris, I know you know). "Downtown Markham" is the project on the east side of Warden, being developed/built by Remington. I know it's a realtor trying to sell some units by advertising the location, but in this case, this location is wrong. It's like someone advertising that Reve is part of CityPlace. It's a technicality and I'm probably being a bit anal about it but get the information correct. This site is in Markham Centre, which also includes Downtown Markham and Time's Uptown, amongst others.

http://www.markham.ca/markham/aspc/markhamcentre/AboutMarkham_Site/home.asp

Indeed marcus_a_j ... but then again I'm not suprised as it is quite 'typical' for real estate agents to advertise the wrong facts (intentionally or simply lack of knowledge), thus I don't really care what they say anyhow ~

Thanks MafaldaBoy .... indeed, H&W is actually a new company altogether, the owner previous built and continues to operates Metro Square

Finally, H&W produces some professional renderings (rather than previously draft hand drawn images), from their website:

building.jpg

siteplan1_03.jpg

lobby1_01.jpg

Architect is Page + Steele / IBI Group

Looks like Bldg 'A' is only 15s (rather than original 16) and Bldg 'B' is only 11s (rather than original 12)

I walked by there recently... I highly doubt it will be ready to move in fall 2013...

Attachments

• fontana1.jpg
    fontana1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,029
I didn't see any marketing for this project.

I'm assuming it was marketed overseas.

I'm not a fan of the architecture but typical for the warden/7 area.

May be the the developer's first residential project but at least Dominus is behind the construction.

I didn't see any marketing for this project.
I'm assuming it was marketed overseas.

It did get marketed. I didn't see any tv ads, but I saw some newspaper ones... I even got an email from a realtor who wanted to see if I was interested for some vip event

Back