Somebody needs to informa the City about the project name change.

I've got just the man for it.

Snow_Informer_(Single_Cover).jpg

With Canada soon to ban foreign ownership, you would think this project would feel a bit more urgency to start selling earlier than June to get the last bit of that foreign money.

A material board was included on the latest submission on the development portal (April 14th):
1650993939941.png

At first I was a little disappointed regarding the general "greyness" of this, but I have to keep reminding myself that nearly all of the metal paneling and large swaths of the glass is faceted. I think the whole point of these towers will be how they reflect and refract light off of every one of their surfaces - I'm pretty confident that the end effect will be quite stunning from whichever angle you're viewing from.

As a side note, the cover letter mentions submission of a construction management plan - which I would love to see as it might share some details on dates - but I can't seem to find it amongst the site plan application. If anyone has better luck than me please post it.

Last edited:
A material board was included on the latest submission on the development portal (April 14th):
The stainless steel portions of the material suggest a higher degree of reflectivity...thus, it will likely be much more in tune with ambient lighting during the buildings' lifetime. So much less grey during sunny afternoons, I'll wager. And on certain hot summer days one could always try use it as cookware... 😼

New App in here.............don't have a heart attack...........this is good news......

Request to Lift the 'H' or removing the Holding provisions under the zoning by-law (progress)

1651049382687.png

For the record, this is all applicable properties:

1651049439595.png

Those swatches really do all read like they could be titled "Bleak Toronto Sky on a Depressing Winter Day #1–6".

If those were matte colours, yes. But those shades of grey are stainless steel of varying finishes. If they actually clad 84 storeys of tower with that you'd see some pretty dramatic light play, especially with the varying angles everything would be set at.

You think people are impressed by the way the light hits the diamond pattern at CIBC Square? Take that effect up several orders of magnitude. Even on a dark and overcast day, this thing would look more brooding than boring.

What does "Request to Lift the 'H' or removing the Holding provisions under the zoning by-law" mean?

In essence, a Holding by-law (in this context) is a conditional approval of a development allowing it to move forward only once certain conditions are in place.

When a proponent (or other obligated party) has fulfilled those conditions a request can be made to 'lift the H' meaning repeal the holding provision, allowing the development to proceed.

Conditions vary widely, but could include new sewer or water capacity, a new or widened road or completion of certain studies.

Attachments

• 1651067753338.png
    1651067753338.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 58

Back