A prudent move building the shorter tower first in this financial environment. With higher interest rates and inflation longer residential builds will be under greater financial scrutiny.

A prudent move building the shorter tower first in this financial environment. With higher interest rates and inflation longer residential builds will be under greater financial scrutiny.

It's also easier to sell the top 10 floors of premium units ($200M) when they can see what they're getting.

Though i am a fan of the look of these towers, i find that their size relative to their site footprint is just way off.

This part of King /John St is cramped as is and could benefit from some breathing room. Two 200-300m towers facing each other, built out to the max lot extents with glass lobbies won't do much to improve the public sphere IMHO.

I find Forma's scale much better suited to say the waterfront, not to mention where they can be on full display.

Though i am a fan of the look of these towers, i find that their size relative to their site footprint is just way off.

This part of King /John St is cramped as is and could benefit from some breathing room. Two 200-300m towers facing each other, built out to the max lot extents with glass lobbies won't do much to improve the public sphere IMHO.

I find Forma's scale much better suited to say the waterfront, not to mention where they can be on full display.
Unfortunately the waterfront is viewed as isolated and not well serviced by amenities and bars/restaurants/entertainment
Doesn't have the cool factor to sell it at $1900/psf

Which floor do you need to be to clear the office tower in the front? I am guessing probably 40+?
For the lake view, East (and West) Towers are mainly blocked by Ritz (53 floors), Simcoe place (33 floors), RBC center (43), Metro Hall (~30 floors), the new TD tower (46+ floors).
50+ floors would be above most of the buildings in the south and other buildings in the entertainment district.

Last edited:

And residents in the area did bring this up to the city during the consultation. The comments about the size and massing led to the removal of the third tower (among other reasons), but it's still... cramming a ton of mass into a small space. However, the city maintains that this area is one destined to be "high-density" with up to 80+ storeys considered, hence the 20+ developments that are planned in my immediate area (I am 300 feet from King/Duncan).

Toronto Model 06-15-22 Forma2.png

Toronto Model 06-15-22 Forma.png

"...panels bend and curve, producing arresting, fluid patterns. And when the sun strikes Forma's facade, mosaic-like reflections of the sky, of the city, ripple down to the streetscape..."

The same thing happens with cheap, oil-canned, grey aluminum cladding if you use your imagination! :)

"...panels bend and curve, producing arresting, fluid patterns. And when the sun strikes Forma's facade, mosaic-like reflections of the sky, of the city, ripple down to the streetscape..."

The same thing happens with cheap, oil-canned, grey aluminum cladding if you use your imagination! :)
...as 357 King West has demonstrated, it's less shinier though. >.<

Back