I almost feel sorry for him having to answer a) questions that had surely been asked of him a million times and b) inane questions that shouldn't have been asked of him, even once.

AoD
100% agree, I instantly cringed on behalf of the interviewer as soon as it started! 93 or not, the ageism doesn't have to come in that strong. How awkward it must've been for the interviewer to realize they were essentially telling the man he won't be around much longer once he retorted🤦‍♂️

Despite some very stupid questions... I laughed out loud at most of his answers (the kids type LOL). I loved Gehry uncorked. Bawdy, brutally honest, and funny as hell.

So refreshing to meet more of the Frank in Frank Gehry. Hilarious and satisfying. 🙃

I almost feel sorry for him having to answer a) questions that had surely been asked of him a million times and b) inane questions that shouldn't have been asked of him, even once.

AoD
100% agree, I instantly cringed on behalf of the interviewer as soon as it started! 93 or not, the ageism doesn't have to come in that strong. How awkward it must've been for the interviewer to realize they were essentially telling the man he won't be around much longer once he retorted🤦‍♂️

I feel compelled to chime in with agreement and might just go a smidge further......

That entire piece was absolutely, breath-takingly awful.

What a waste of the man's time; and the interviewer's for that matter. Ms. Verge may wish to reconsider her line of work; or perhaps her employer's should.

Yikes!

I feel compelled to chime in with agreement and might just go a smidge further......

What a waste of the man's time; and the interviewer's for that matter. Ms. Verge may wish to reconsider her line of work; or perhaps her employer's should.

Yikes!
Yikes is right. Lighten up people! Unpucker your buttholes. This is a human interest story not an academic arch treatise! sheesh!

Yikes!
It's softball banter with titillation. She'll likely get promoted for this instead. /sigh

Enrigue8 posted a video he made on a previous page with one caption claiming the first/east tower "quickly sold-out". I think he hedged his bets later by saying sales were going really well... don't know the source though.

I haven't seen any actual sales numbers posted here or elsewhere. I suspect if sales pass the 80 or 85% threshold.... it will be towering news. 🤞
Based on an email I received from a broker on July 10, it said 50% sold.

Based on an email I received from a broker on July 10, it said 50% sold.
From what I heard from a friend was it was 40% sold.... (important to keep in mind no one really knows except for the builder). Units were too pricey and didn't make sense to purchase during an impending recession and real estate downturn. $1+ Mil for a 500sqf 1 Bedroom is perhaps the issue. To live in a 1 bedroom it will cost close to 10K with all expenses in for the end user assuming a 20% down. That is insane.

Last edited:
I think this will sell but sell slowly due to high interest rates making investors nervous. At $2000 sq/ft this won't have a high proportion of rental units when choice units in neighbourhood are available now for $100s sq/ft less.

I think all those numbers could be correct. It depends on what value the percentages refer to. I think the original sold out/ nearly sold out claim was based on the number of units that were offered for sale as part of the initial release while the later numbers might be referring to the total number of units in the building or those that will be available for sale to the general public.

I assume 50% for the first tower? Not both?

Most likely of the current set of units released for sale, by unit count rather than dollar value.

Few buy $3M+ units until close to occupancy (6 months) so developers often don't even try to sell them until well into construction. I've not confirmed if Great Gulf has held back units on this project but it's common.

Most likely of the current set of units released for sale, by unit count rather than dollar value.

Few buy $3M+ units until close to occupancy (6 months) so developers often don't even try to sell them until well into construction. I've not confirmed if Great Gulf has held back units on this project but it's common.
Out of curiosity why are the more expensive units not bought until the building is close to completion?

Back