that is such a cool time capsule. im pretty sure GG wont have a problem .......... forgot the word.

Edit: Preserving

Last edited:
Demolition of the existing structure moving more quickly now. Midday on Monday, February 13 and this is all that remains.

20230213_132555.jpg

A curious question: What else are they planning to remove/demo from this project here?

What else are they planning to remove/demo from this project here?
Do you mean "What else are they planning to remove/demo *for* this project?"?

Based on this drawing from page 449 of this thread, 270 and 276 King St W (on the W side of Ed Mirvish Way) will be needed for the West tower.
1677175111848.png

Do you mean "What else are they planning to remove/demo *for* this project?"?

Based on this drawing from page 449 of this thread, 270 and 276 King St W (on the W side of Ed Mirvish Way) will be needed for the West tower.
View attachment 458265
You mean E side of EMW? Because the building being removed seems to correspond to the one I'm seeing intact on Street View. (But it does suggest I should go down there a take a look at it in person to get a sense of what is going on.)

...either way, thank for answering that! /bows

This is quite the interesting demo process, and not a wrecker's ball in sight! I wonder if this meticulous, focused type of dismantling is used to avoid damaging the adjacent 'Royal Alex' and/or for the possibility of recycling the old building materials?

Unfortunately, wrecking balls only exist in Bugs Bunny cartoons today. And given the hazmat suits with respirators, there probably was evidence of asbestos in the building, so they had to do it the expensive way.
That's really interesting!

Back