2ACB106C-BA9D-4DCB-BE29-21B42EB1CE97.jpeg

A lot of movement inside the new LCBO. Looks like its opening is indeed imminent.

I for one can’t wait until the LCBO at King/Spadina is shut down. It’s become a permanent outpost for loiterers. You have to climb over their growing props and their dogs to get through this corner.I’m guessing they’ll move on once the LCBO traffic is gone.

Unfortunately, they’ll move to the park which sucks for Clarence Sq. but at least there’s more room to get around.

Another issue is that of drivers using the streetcar stop as express parking for the LCBO. They put on their flashers as if that allows them to break the law and go in to buy their booze. The new LCBO has a road where cars can park (illegally) but at least they’re out of the way and not obstructing traffic or parking in streetcar stops.

/rant

A lot of movement inside the new LCBO. Looks like its opening is indeed imminent.

I for one can’t wait until the LCBO at King/Spadina is shut down. It’s become a permanent outpost for loiterers. You have to climb over their growing props and their dogs to get through this corner.I’m guessing they’ll move on once the LCBO traffic is gone.

Unfortunately, they’ll move to the park which sucks for Clarence Sq. but at least there’s more room to get around.

Another issue is that of drivers using the streetcar stop as express parking for the LCBO. They put on their flashers as if that allows them to break the law and go in to buy their booze. The new LCBO has a road where cars can park (illegally) but at least they’re out of the way and not obstructing traffic or parking in streetcar stops.

/rant
?

Yeah, maybe when you’re presented with a machete when you say no to their aggressive panhandling, you won’t roll your eyes.
I have to agree, the panhandling at King/Spadina corner is really aggressive. Got yelled "go to hell" a couple of times and got physically approached once. I make monthly donations to the United Way and Save-the-children, and I just hope my money goes to someone who's really in need.

Yeah, maybe when you’re presented with a machete when you say no to their aggressive panhandling, you won’t roll your eyes.
You're not the only one who lives / works down here, my dude. I've never been accosted, much less "threatened with a machete".

I used to work just around the corner from here and I've also never been threatened with a machete or anything like that. I wonder whether that reaction might be related to the actions of the panhandlee as much the panhandler.

I have seen more than enough aggressive behaviour by certain panhandlers in the area. To be absolutely clear, I'm not saying everyone is like this, but there are certainly a couple of individuals that push the limits. Flashing weapons is an extremely serious matter.

For the record, I live and work within two blocks of this LCBO.

Danny Trejo standing on the corner of Spadina and King is more plausible to anyone that has not had a machete pulled on them. That's some bad juju. You better have reported it.

Not at all. What I'm saying is that I don't believe you had a goddamn machete pulled on you at the corner of King and Spadina.

Ask Kevin Vuong. Him and a camera crew got chased out from under the Gardiner by a squeegee type with a machete. Earlier that week, I had experienced the same thing near Lake Shore/Spadina. Some time later, that same guy was outside the LCBO brandishing the weapon while panhandling. Of course the police were called and I never saw him again but him and his group routinely panhandle there, some more aggressive than others.

Second, I don’t appreciate being called a liar. If you don’t care about aggressive panhandling, good for you. Other residents would rather not have to walk through that every day.

Ask Kevin Vuong. Him and a camera crew got chased out from under the Gardiner by a squeegee type with a machete. Earlier that week, I had experienced the same thing near Lake Shore/Spadina. Some time later, that same guy was outside the LCBO brandishing the weapon while panhandling. Of course the police were called and I never saw him again but him and his group routinely panhandle there, some more aggressive than others.

Second, I don’t appreciate being called a liar. If you don’t care about aggressive panhandling, good for you. Other residents would rather not have to walk through that every day.

I agree. Such lowlife degenerates need to be kept off the streets.

On Monday when the LCBO was closed for the long weekend, the squeegee gang was nowhere to be found. It confirmed my theory that they’re there feeding off LCBO traffic and will likely go elsewhere once the LCBO is closed for good.

Here’s the sign on the window:

Back