The Brick store, and the warehouse at the west end of Geary have mysteriously acquired green roofs in this scene. And a lot of greenery hides the CP Rail line. Makes it look way more lush than the neighbourhood will likely ever be.View attachment 310021

I don't understand how stuff like this in renderings doesn't qualify as false advertising. I imagine there are legal disclaimers for things in the buildings not guaranteed to look as depicted so perhaps that's how developers get away with showing whatever they want in renderings of the buildings themselves, but modifying environmental stuff in this kind of a deceptive way seems like something people wouldn't even expect.

But even regardless of false advertising laws you'd think developers would have some scruples and feel a bit guilty while depicting overt lies in their visuals.

I don't understand how stuff like this in renderings doesn't qualify as false advertising. I imagine there are legal disclaimers for things in the buildings not guaranteed to look as depicted so perhaps that's how developers get away with showing whatever they want in renderings of the buildings themselves, but modifying environmental stuff in this kind of a deceptive way seems like something people wouldn't even expect.

But even regardless of false advertising laws you'd think developers would have some scruples and feel a bit guilty while depicting overt lies in their visuals.

Have you ever bought a Big Mac and compared the it to depictions in the ads? Never trust renderings. And honestly I don’t find misrepresenting external environment, which isn’t really part of the project - nearly as egregious as misrepresenting the actual product itself.

AoD

Have you ever bought a Big Mac and compared the it to depictions in the ads? Never trust renderings. And honestly I don’t find misrepresenting external environment, which isn’t really part of the project - nearly as egregious as misrepresenting the actual product itself.

AoD

Big Mac advertising doesn't depict things that are fundamentally not there.

And RE: external environment, like I said, I find that to be if not more deceptive then at least a specifically different kind of deceptive that might be even harder to detect or anticipate because someone might not expect that aspect to be false or covered under "subject to change" disclaimers since it is not even part of the project.

Misrepresenting the building itself is also egregious though and more impactfully egregious for sure, but my point is at least that would be something expected and understood to fall under whatever disclaimers they have and so I understand more how they can get away with it legally. But I'm not very familiar with the specifics of false advertising laws in Canada. Either way, both are bad and developers should have higher ethical standards and not deceive people like this.

Last edited:

AoD

Big Mac advertising doesn't depict things that are fundamentally not there.

And RE: external environment, like I said, I find that to be if not more deceptive then at least a specifically different kind of deceptive that might be even harder to detect or anticipate because someone might not expect that aspect to be false or covered under "subject to change" disclaimers since it is not even part of the project.

Misrepresenting the building itself is also egregious though and more impactfully egregious for sure, but my point is at least that would be something expected and understood to fall under whatever disclaimers they have and so I understand more how they can get away with it legally. But I'm not very familiar with the specifics of false advertising laws in Canada. Either way, both are bad and developers should have higher ethical standards and not deceive people like this.
McDonald's Canada themselves created a video on how they created the photos for their burgers:

1628465189993.png

Some further gradual movement. The "Love Me Till I'm Me Again" artwork neon sign has been removed from the corner Galleria advertisement tower at Dufferin & Dupont.

Would be exciting to get this corner lot underway for the redevelopment. Although my buddy who moved into the area earlier this year will now need to drive further to the Stockyards McD's to get his late night fix. 😅

The McDonalds at this location is now permanently closed as of October 24.

I will not miss the long lines of cars snaking across multiple parking spots, or the nightmarish single exit on to Dupont (don't even think of trying to turn left). Very awkward site. Demolish it with glee!

Would be exciting to get this corner lot underway for the redevelopment. Although my buddy who moved into the area earlier this year will now need to drive further to the Stockyards McD's to get his late night fix. 😅

I can't wait to see that one get redeveloped too!

Back