20211113_143755.jpg
20211113_143804.jpg
20211113_143818.jpg
20211113_143841.jpg
20211113_143914.jpg

SPA documents updated for this one on November 17th, 2021.

What caught my attention was that Stikeman Elliott have registered to lobby on behalf of ELAD, so I went looking to see if there might be a reason....

From the above noted SPA: (Arch. Plans)

1646083280907.png

1646083446853.png

1646083473891.png

1646083513546.png

Good Riddance!

Now can we just get developers/the City to demo each and every location with a drive-thru, particularly those in the older city...... (I'm looking at you Bathurst/Dundas, and you Danforth/Coxwell, and you over there on Eastern Avenue)

Good Riddance!

Now can we just get developers/the City to demo each and every location with a drive-thru, particularly those in the older city...... (I'm looking at you Bathurst/Dundas, and you Danforth/Coxwell, and you over there on Eastern Avenue)

Which reminds me - I'm amazed there hasn't been a redevelopment proposal yet for the McDick's at Bathurst and Dundas. It's an absolutely ripe site in a hot zone.

Personally as someone somewhat local to this, I hope the McDonalds finds another new home in the Galleria development. In the meanwhile I could go to the tiny one at Dundas West station lol, but Galleria McDonalds is a neighbourhood amenity 😄

There's not even really that many McDonalds around really in some areas of the city (and certainly not compared to A&W now!), and sometimes it hits the spot. I'm all for independent retail and I know many people find McDonalds gross, but, well, imo it's delicious haha. I don't even get it often, but occasionally it's incredible. I was surprised to see the Bloor & Runnymede McDonalds closed, and there hasn't been any other development on that site since.

That Dundas West McDonalds is so tiny and cramped to be in and grungy but also is amazing and an institution. I wish we had more TTC station food and the split fare paid vs outside zone is incredible, despite the size of the space being impractical. That McDonalds also a borderline pilgrimage site for drunk young people returning home late on the Bloor line and beloved by McMuffin appreciator morning commuters as well. May it live long.

Personally as someone somewhat local to this, I hope the McDonalds finds another new home in the Galleria development. In the meanwhile I could go to the tiny one at Dundas West station lol, but Galleria McDonalds is a neighbourhood amenity 😄

We would certainly disagree on McDs being an amenity, but regardless of one's perception of their 'food', big locations that are related to parking and drive-thrus are very bad for the urban form; I object much less to smaller storefront or food court presence.

There's not even really that many McDonalds around really in some areas of the city (and certainly not compared to A&W now!), and sometimes it hits the spot. I'm all for independent retail and I know many people find McDonalds gross, but, well, imo it's delicious haha. I don't even get it often, but occasionally it's incredible.

Have you tried some of the newer fastfood burger places? I think Burger's Priest which has a similar style of burger and fries is far better, if, admittedly more expensive. A different style, but Big Smoke Burger also does a good job.

I wish we had more TTC station food and the split fare paid vs outside zone

On this, we completely agree, I think coffee shop outposts would do wonderful in that type of format, where you don't need a full kitchen, and you bring in muffins/pastries from a commissary of some sort.

If a space were a bit bigger, I think a tight format pizza place could make a proverbial mint at some of the busier stations.

Last edited:
...think that this will be replaced by a flatiron McDonald's, Mr. Towered. <3

We would certainly disagree on McDs being an amenity, but regardless of one's perception of their 'food', big locations that are related to parking and drive-thrus are very bad for the urban form; I object much less to smaller storefront or food court presence.
Oh definitely! The drive-through isn't good! The format of this location is not at all right for a city location.
Have you tried some of the newer fastfood burger places? I think Burger's Priest which has a similar style of burger and fries is far better, if, admittedly more expensive. A different style, but Big Smoke Burger also does a good job.
Definitely (although I think Burger's Priest have fallen off from what I've heard, though I haven't been since their acquisition so I can't say myself) and there are many places around that have amazing burgers and some that make some similar-to-McDonalds burgers and imitations and stuff. I mean, McDonalds is a giant amoral company, kinda disgusting, and definitely bad for you, I get it, but I love all kinds of food: from really nice versions of things to junk versions haha. And McDonalds has some specific items which are kind of particular flavour concoctions/food experiences that are unique to me in their gestalt and can't really be or at least aren't often imitated perfectly. I know it's total junk food, but sometimes I like it. I like junk pizza too even though I also like and love nice pizza and appreciate it in a different way. I had Domino's pizza as a kid and even though I get that it's an abomination of pizza lol I still enjoy it since the taste for it is ingrained in me.

On this, we completely agree, I think coffee shop outposts would do wonderful in that type of format, where you don't need a full kitchen, and you bring in muffins/pastries for a commissary of some sort.

If a space were a bit bigger, I think a tight format pizza place could make a proverbial mint at some of the busier stations.

Would be amazing! I really wish we had more stuff like this there's only rare stations with any kind of food!

Last edited:
I was surprised to see the Bloor & Runnymede McDonalds closed, and there hasn't been any other development on that site since.
That corner has just re-opened as a "Wing Stop". Kind of surprising, because I heard that the McDick's there could no longer afford (or was no longer willing to pay) the rumoured $40,000 rent per month...

Back