Methinks they'll need a station at Dufferin on the Mid-Toronto GO line.

Or, not to get too OT, but an Ontario Line Phase 2 stop (or both).

Over time I've increasingly thought any western extension of the Ontario Line should go north up Dufferin to Eglinton to relieve the buses, hit these growing nodes of intensification, and act as a western relief line. It would provide better net new rapid transit network coverage than turning north further west, which in theory might duplicate future coverage by GO RER (whatever it is now being called).

Or, not to get too OT, but an Ontario Line Phase 2 stop (or both).

Over time I've increasingly thought any western extension of the Ontario Line should go north up Dufferin to Eglinton to relieve the buses, hit these growing nodes of intensification, and act as a western relief line. It would provide better net new rapid transit network coverage than turning north further west, which in theory might duplicate future coverage by GO RER (whatever it is now being called).
I agree. I used to take the Dufferin bus north from the Galleria to Yorkdale. It was always packed even close to Yorkdale where the University line runs close-by.

New crane went up today @interchange42:

B789FC90-F34C-41DE-A86D-4A9C2F27D18C.jpeg
89F25C9D-FC97-4298-A814-98DFB2F82E06.jpeg

Really not sure what this one is for based on the location (south west corner of the site).

Methinks they'll need a station at Dufferin on the Mid-Toronto GO line.

Meh, we could easily have had a station near this location on the Barrie GO line... Instead we're getting one at Lansdowne and Bloor... An area already served by RT, now to be served with a piss poor interchange station.

Meh, we could easily have had a station near this location on the Barrie GO line... Instead we're getting one at Lansdowne and Bloor... An area already served by RT, now to be served with a piss poor interchange station.
Davenport Diamond grade separation makes that a pretty complicated, likely impossible proposition.

@smably beat me to it, but "easily" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Where would that station go?

Some commentary on the forecasted future phases of the Almadev's Galleria project overall:

“We are now selling the last remaining units of our first block at Galleria,” said Lazer.

“We have great demand for this product and we hope to complete the sales of those last units in the coming few months and then proceed to selling the remaining units on the other blocks.”

The community centre must be completed before construction can begin on the subsequent phases of Galleria on the Park and Lazer expects work on the third phase to begin in two years.

Back