It'll be the launch pit for the Ontario Line TBM before it is deveoped into a park.
Hopefully, we can get a new thread going on this:

From the CN Tower on Friday:
gpoint.JPG

Perhaps an odd question, but does anyone know if there will be a floor 13 at Playground? Maybe someone from Garrison can comment on whether their building has a 13th floor?
There is a floor 13. This means your unit might be one floor higher than you thought it was ;)

There is a floor 13. This means your unit might be one floor higher than you thought it was ;)
Thanks! I was assuming there was a floor 13. The lights were on in our unit last night and I thought I could see the bedroom closet framing but we did a closet delete so was wondering if I was off counting by a floor! Hopefully my eyes were just playing tricks on me lol

I do not understand people's obsession with not having 13th floor and these days with floors ending at 4. It's not like the developer is not building 13th floor. They are just calling it 14th. It is still 13th floor even if you decide to call it 475th floor. If people think they can fool whatever thing they are scared of by changing the name of the floor, then either they are dumb or that thing is dumb. And if that thing is so dumb, why are people even scared of it!

I do not understand people's obsession with not having 13th floor and these days with floors ending at 4. It's not like the developer is not building 13th floor. They are just calling it 14th. It is still 13th floor even if you decide to call it 475th floor. If people think they can fool whatever thing they are scared of by changing the name of the floor, then either they are dumb or that thing is dumb. And if that thing is so dumb, why are people even scared of it!
Lots of superstitious people and as a developer better to cater to catch all the customers (inc. the superstitious ones) lol
For 2 units being equal in everything else (location, floor plan, price etc.) and one is on the 13th floor, and one one 11th floor, I will definitely get the 11th floor one (even if its cs\osmetics in naming)
Even if you are not superstitious, your next buyer could be, unless you plan to live in the condo all your life.

I hope they don't keep the temporary fencing up for all that time.
There's no design completed for the park even if they weren't planning to start the Ontario line tunnel from here, so I wouldn't expect much to open here for a long time. I do hope the connection to Ordnance Street from the cycle path is openable soon!

Yes, they should and hopefully will open the west side of the park between the cycle path and Ordnance. It would be a shame to keep this section closed for 8 years on the account of the subway to be built... especially since it will be several years, realistically, before this space is needed for tunnelling and Subway portal...
Perhaps we need to lobby Joe Cressy on the matter...

I'm not sure I like this project overall. But it certainly got a lot of intense angles going for it. As well as capturing a sense of brute futurism....something you don't see in a lot of recent residential buildings these days. And as well, it captures the spirit of the original renderings, which is evident in a lot photos of it shot at Point side. So a marginal thumbs up for me on this one.

IMG_2008.jpeg

This was from earlier this evening - and I brought my gears for the first and last time.

I have been coming by the condo site for about 2 years - and boy time surely flies; it still feels like yesterday when phase 2 was only 3 stories high.

Having said this, this will be my last time coming by to take photos of the building's exterior.
It is completed to a level one can easily picture what the final appearance would look like, after all.

Has been a blast sharing my photos with you all here. The next one will be from my own unit not too far from now.

0E1A0153.jpg
0E1A0145.jpg
0E1A0146.jpg

Back